What are your favorite fun/non competition throws

Looking for ideas for fun yoyos that aren’t made solely for the purpose of being used in competition.

6 Likes

Never liked the idea of a fun/competition dichotomy, but the Doc Pop Icarus with a flat bearing is one of my recent favs.

TiVayder.

6 Likes

Mighty flea, big deal, dingo, cross bones chip, wide load, rally, next gen, Sakura, xxxxl groveey edition, Ricochet, mini star 2, pocket rocket, Genesis, executive, heist, it goes on but you get the idea.

5 Likes

Bumble Bee GT and TK Silver Bullet I

They feel great to throw. The cork response system feels great on the GT.
The Silver Bullet is Billy Dee Williams on a string.

5 Likes

Quail and Par Avion.

5 Likes

Weekender, Duncan wheels (og) and harbinger

3 Likes

Do all responsives basically fit here? (At least the fun ones?) I’d put the Deep State on the list.

6 Likes

Yes basically! Haha Kyle Nations did use the weekender in contest so maybe it’s a competition throw haha.

Silver bullet for the win. Sadly I’ve traded mine away.

3 Likes

YYJ Speeder 2 & YYJ Micro Mo

Would a powder coated grail be considered fun? I want one for solely this reason

1 Like

Direwolf. It’s big, beautiful, and so fun.

4 Likes

Still throwing my quint and 888s and a hitman on the regular

MFD Prime8 and RRT Boa.

My unresponsive and my responsive Deep States for sure! <3
Been having a lot of fun today with my responsive! Just doing basic stuff and even just gravity pulls…the yo just feels and looks so freaking cool haha.

2 Likes

I didn’t mean to sound like competition throws can’t be fun to play with because they definitely are I was just looking for people’s opinions on yoyos that arent necessarily geared toward being good for competition

4 Likes

AL7 Direwolf, Overture, and Downbeat atm

2 Likes

Yea, no harm intended, it’s just some people here call competition throws boring and lifeless when it is far from the truth.

Some other throws I like that fit the criteria:

• OD Deep State
  • Rain City & Oh Yes Yo Sk8er
  • Retic Boa
  • Spinworthy Harbinger
  • Duncan Mayhem
7 Likes

Aurora and XP47.

Retic Burm, hands down. Big oversized, organic throw, but plays really floaty. A lot of fun.

12 Likes