What’s your feelings on LF’s?

Hey throwers……. How do you feel about the
“Looking For” posts in the B/S/T?
The category is Buy-Sale-Trade……
Isn’t the “Looking For”……….something each one does while on this forum? Please……I’m confused?

“Looking for” = “Buying”

9 Likes

Well the BST is called “buy, sell, and trade” so why wouldn’t “looking for” be classified as “buying”?

4 Likes

Has anyone had someone DM them with an offer they posted as an LF before???

3 Likes

Oh interesting… like I am looking for yoyoX. Ok found please close. Then receive a dm hey you got X? I will give you… I have had that directly after buying but not with a specific LF post

2 Likes

I have had success several times with “looking for” or “in search of” posts. I think it sometimes shakes what you might be looking for out of someone’s collection.

5 Likes

I’ve had people DM me about my LF posts, and I’ve DM’ed other people about their LF posts.

5 Likes

I think it depends on the post. The ones that just say “LF MFDs! Cool colours! Show me what you got!” are useless but ones where the user specifies what they are looking for, their price range and/or trades they have are okay as a sales listing.

8 Likes

Yep. Same.

3 Likes

This.

I’ve sold more yoyos from my collection by responding to LF posts than I have trying to sell with FS posts. I like knowing I am selling to someone who really wants a particular throw. It feels good to help someone score a yoyo they’ve been searching for, without success, for a while.

18 Likes

Def true. I would commit to that as consuming and giving person.

4 Likes

Couldn’t agree more! Sometimes it needs someone especially seeking, to get shelf queens up for sale.

I as an example sold more throws to dudes searching than ever considered putting throws up for sale!

Please, don’t let us change a running system :nerd_face::v:

10 Likes

ALL the time… it’s how I acquired most of my throws. And my most sought after ones especially.

Fun fact/good example: the guy who posted right above me (@Buzz) was able to do a halfswap with me after seeing my LF post. Probably never would’ve happened if I never posted it!

4 Likes

My feeling on ‘LF’s’ are good.

2 Likes

Great comments………. It was very interesting hearing how LF posts have helped buy & sale with some half swap results………
From general posts it looks like LF’s is working! Awesome!
Thank you all…….

2 Likes

I tried it once looking for a Hatrick. Got no response. But I see some people continually bump their post and can eventually get what they are looking for if the right person sees it. It’s definitely appropriate in BST imo.

2 Likes

i can comment the same as many others, sometimes if a LF post pops up it means one of the birds in my collection found its true home… i’ve had some good luck on LF posts too

they don’t always work, white whales are tough sometimes…. but, they’re a good part of our system

5 Likes

Yea surprisingly I’ve had a couple LF’s come through. Had a guy offer me a 420 at a very reasonable price which was one of the more memorable ones. Also found my MGSS and majiska v2 through a LF post so I’d say they do indeed work from time to time.

1 Like

Same here. Worked for me at least twice. Two times I was looking for what is probably considered sort of obscure and not particularly sought after (for whatever reason). The kind of yo-yos that people have sitting around and maybe aren’t worth enough cash to bother posting FS, but if we can help someone that wants it, that makes it worth the effort even if we don’t need the extra $20 or whatever.

2 Likes

Hoping that you are no longer confused.

2 Likes