What’s the loudest you’ve ever seen a yoyo crowd?

For me it’s probably Lou Yi Cheng’s 2010 world yoyo contest finals freestyle.

9 Likes

That slackicide combo at the beginning was just nuts, huge amounts of risk.

Off the top of my head though, the loudest crowds I can think of are:

• Jensen Kimmit 2010 WYYC 1A Final
  • Takeshi Matsuura 2018 WYYC 1A Final

This video has some definite contenders as well, the Lou Yi Cheng FS you shared shows up! I won’t spoil #1 but it’s definitely up there.

6 Likes

Yuuki Spencer 07 people went pretty bonkers.
It maybe wasn’t the loudest but I also think 2019 4a Hajime was the most mystified and amazed I’ve ever seen. Especially for a routine that didn’t win (and 4a at that).

7 Likes

How could I forget Yuuki ‘07?? That was actually the very first video of a yo-yo contest I ever saw in all of its 240p glory back in the day. What an iconic performance.

3 Likes

I’ll definitely have to check that out, thank you!

1 Like

Hajime’s 2019 4A worlds freestyle had the largest crowd reaction I’ve experienced in person. I believe it was the first time that Soloham has been performed on the worlds stage for the entire duration of the freestyle.

3 Likes

I still remember back at 2006 Worlds YoyoContest in Florida.(It might have been 2007🤔

….I do clearly remember it was the year Taka did an Artistic Performance dressed in a hazmat kinda suit because his performance involved ‘splashing paint all over, lol. The stage was covered with a plastic tarp for his performance.

I remember walking down the left aisle going to the stage. Talked to Mike Burke for a few minutes.

On that same Vendors row, there was a booth where you could throw synthetic Pizza dough…. It was really funny.

At the same time, on the left side of the stage, there was a very large number of Players bunched together and literally SCREAMING at the top of their lungs, when any of their favorites ‘hit any kind of trick. Not just bangers but ANYTHING🙀.

A few of them seemed to literally strip their ‘gears’ trying to out Scream each other.

At first it was funny. But after awhile…. It ‘wasn’t’ funny.

It was just kinda Overkill.

A few of the guys Screamed sooooo much, they actually sounded like they were in pain…

I remember it was the same year I met Tyler Severance. He was in the Hall in front of the Exibition /stage area. I found it most interesting that he was 2 hand looping with the strings attached to his index fingers.

That was a most interesting Worlds… Boyd Seth and a few of the other players were having a Red Bull drinking contest in the lounge area across from the Hotel Service counter. I think Boyd drank about a dozen cans of Red Bull and his heart started beating ‘funny’.

Etc……

5 Likes

One of my favorite routines of all time was definitely Ben conde’s 2015 4A performance. The crowd went pretty nuts for some bangers Ben pulled off, although I wouldn’t really consider this the loudest crowd I ever heard but I’m not really good at remembering routines :laughing:

3 Likes

Yes indeed! Yuki in 2007 was crazy loud/ name chanting Yuki Yuki Yuki……
The loudest crowd was the roar in 2003 when John DeValle stoped to take-off his black jacket…& continued throwing his routine!!
Pretty awesome!!

2 Likes
1 Like