What’s the first bi-metal yo-yo?

I must know. (Post must be 20 characters)

3 Likes

H Spin Handquake 1.4 according to yoyo wiki, but someone has to have made a one off modded bimetal before then.

5 Likes

yyf Marco

3 Likes

Da hek

3 Likes

You are asking what was the first bi-metal yoyo created? And do you mean bi-metal internal ring or bi-metal external ring?

4 Likes

I think he means any yoyo that’s made with 2 metals. Both I guess

1 Like

THE first

Either really

So as others have mentioned the Handquake was one of the first from HSpin… But obviously it wasn’t really a ‘modern’ shape…

The first widely available bi-metal where the secondary metal on the body created the rim I think was the Next Level by YoYoJam - since technically YoYoJam’s patent could have technically covered bi-metal for a long time no one else made true bi-metal except for YoYoJam… There may have been others made but not sure if they were able to widely make them available - at least in the USA:

9 Likes

Werrd tried to make one at the same time but it was never mass produced because of this patent.

1 Like

True. The WERRD beef.

It was a pretty different assembly process and I think it was aluminum ring versus stainless. Can’t remember now though!

6 Likes

What was the body made of? If it was aluminum, then it wasn’t really a bi-metal. :thinking:

1 Like

Ok. I take that back. I looked into it and it was stainless steel. :innocent:

3 Likes

PhOToN iS BiMeTAl

2 Likes

Two different grades of aluminum doesn’t count.

1 Like

IK Hence the random caps implying sarcasm

Oh, I didn’t know random caps meant sarcasm now. #memewhiplash

3 Likes

It doesn’t mene it it implies it.

It’s Andre’s Birthday! or forum anniversary? Eitherways congratulations for another year with us

4 Likes

‘Birth’ of the forum! :blush:

7 Likes