Yeah, I don’t know about “best”, but my favorite strings are:

• YoYoStringLabs Type X - Neon Orange
  • ZipLine Business Class - GoldenEye, Cherry Bomb
  • ZipLine SkyLine - all colors
  • Knot Bad - Yellow
5 Likes

Penis jokes aside I want something thick soft and springy

2 Likes

I’ve been using twisted strings a lot lately but I also like original throw strings and Sochi . One thing I do notice is that green and yellow always seem to hold tension the best and this is for all string companies any string makers care chime in as to why ? Or am I just crazy

2 Likes

Bad Wolfe Co. is now my go-to brand. Usually the 100% nylons in the reg thickness.

4 Likes

Give ZipLine SkyLine III strings a try. Soft, springy, and bright colors.

2 Likes

I’m on it

I can’t say whats the best, but I can say I prefer Bad Wolfe Co. strings for their consistency and overall lifespan. I mostly plat with their “Goldilocks” thickness.

4 Likes

Love me some heartstrings great white (i think that’s the correct name) by @Dust

Bit thicker and whips like crazy. They last forever. Not sure if he makes them anymore though. I stocked up while I could :grin:

3 Likes

Thanks for the love fam! I do still make them from time to time as needed. I’ve got a bit stashed away at the moment (maybe 60 or so ready to go) I do not advertise or post about them anymore but the legacy is still rolling! PM me if you need anymore.
:heart::call_me_hand:t2::blush:

4 Likes

Plain old, ordinary, standard sea level bulk string has always worked for me.
That’s probably why my skill level stagnated at the rank beginner level.

8 Likes

My favorite bulk strings are mfd vines and kitty, for “boutique” it’s zipline (g2 diamond blend and ep 20/20). plutonium is also nice and i have a ton of nostalgia for the old bulk poly hilites yyn used to sell.

ahhh, i see you’ve seen the light!

5 Likes

yeah man… the vines are fast… really digging how they perform

i’m going through my throws - since i have yysl
on almost everything, and seeing which i like better on each.

7 Likes

For bulk I mainly use OT strings. I like it better than kitty, and its cheaper

2 Likes

The strings that I use the most are:
YYSL Type X
MarkMont Nightmoves
MarkMont 65
Zipline Prestige
homemade cotton for my fixed axles

like others have said, there really isn’t a best string anymore than there is a best yoyo, best song, best flavor of ice cream. It is a combination of what you enjoy and what you have with you.

7 Likes

I keep a variety of strings and frequently experiment with different combinations:

• vines regular and thick
  • zipline mostly poly, I haven’t been crazy about their poly/nylon but the new EP 20/20 is growing on me which isn’t surprising since KC 24 has been my favorite of theirs. Kotn is really nice also.
  • YYSL plutonium and type x
  • OT regular and thick
  • RainCity thin sochi
  • markmont formulas. All of them, but blue eyed dragon and cumulous foam are the ones I use the most. If I could only have 1 brand of string, it would be markmont.
  • Anonymous strings regular and thick. I really like these for a bulk, wish they were available on YYE.
  • Twisted strings, I still have some of their older stuff from a few years back and their new stuff has impressed me. Seems to last a good while, holds tension and does slacky stuff well.
  • Airetic. I keep a few on hand, though I generally just don’t like nylon. I have a few yoyos where their thin strings work better than anything I’ve tried.
  • Chaos 422. I think this is actually a combination of poly/nylon, but stiff and coarse. Takes time to break it in. I haven’t found another string I like as well for older narrow gap high wall yoyos. Sadly my stock is dwindling and hasn’t been made in a long time, luckily it lasts a very long time. Markmont dragon, draken and night moves are a good substitution but still not the same.

My go to bulk has been YYF knot bad, it holds up fairly well and has a ‘just right’ thickness for a lot of yoyos, loops stay open decently, and whips pretty good too. It holds tension and has some nice bounce for a couple hours of play, then I toss it. I greatly prefer it to kitty string.

I also have a mountain of mystery string, it seems like when I buy an older yoyo off the auction site or a BST that I’ll get a handful of string tossed in. Sometimes I can identify it, but often I can’t. If there’s one I like I’ll ask the seller, but it seems they usually don’t know either.

9 Likes

Is there a good thin string out there?

I find that almost everyone recommends strings that are as thick as if not thicker than Kitty Fat but I just can’t work well with any string thicker than normal Kitty. But then a lot of these thin strings end up feeling really rough which creates a lot of blisters on my hands and find it really difficult to do anything that pulls my finger through the string, like Eli Hops.

I found that the airetic string that came with the exia just didn’t work well at all and my binds were terrible. I just need something thinner than that. Is that string a regular airetic?

Also has anyone tried the new Kitty String?

2 Likes

For thin I like general poly6 white. I use it for 2a but love it for smaller gaps where boutique is just too fat.

5 Likes

I’ll give it a try! Is it soft?
I really want to avoid blisters.

3 Likes

Have you ever tried Airetic or Spool Co (defunct).

2 Likes