What’s a popular yoyo you dislike?

Oh no… :joy:

It must be frustrating when the yo-yo spins a long time and doesn’t die on demanding tricks.

Just kidding, couldn’t resist.

…sorry :smile:

12 Likes

For me I’m not to fond of the skyva but don’t get me wrong it’s a great yo-yo and a fingerspin beast it’s just that It’s a bit too light in my perspective and doesn’t spin very long as well. although the metal skyva looks like it has a bit more promise to it and I may try it one day.

2 Likes

Give it to a kid or a beginner who’ll be happy to just get it to return. Maybe they’ll wear in the response to get a little more sleep out of it? Luckily your investment was minimal and you supported a couple of great companies.

2 Likes

How so? I’m curious. It seems like it’d be good.

5 Likes

I am starting to wish I hadn’t said this :wink: I have tons of their yo-yos… mine just seems way too responsive. It sounds like it will Destroy some strings

2 Likes

Haha… sorry to bug. Sometimes you get a dud of course. There probably isn’t piece by piece testing on the molded plastic budget throws the way companies do for the metal ones we all love.

3 Likes

The OD Aitch. If this is what H shaped yoyos are supposed to play like (its my only true H), then I think I just dont like the style. It has to be one of the most boring yoyos ive ever thrown, for some reason I have difficulty landing my tricks on it, and it isn’t as stable as I was led H shaped yoyos were supposed to be. I imagine that putting a centering bearing into it would make me like it slightly more, but liking it slightly more would still be liking it less than basically any other yoyo I have.

3 Likes

This is funny to me, my feelings are the exact opposite, it’s ridiculous how stable this yoyo is for its width IMO, never played a pocket friendly width that has the stability of a bimetal LOL

4 Likes

I think my complaint about the stability is more due to the flat bearing it comes with, but its still boring to throw and im guessing id feel the same about other H shaped yoyos. Its also too narrow and feels heavy. Plays strong, but I cant seem to vibe with it despite owning it for several weeks. I can see why the market is saturated with Vs, Os, and Ws, but not H. But i see a lot of people championing the Aitch and other H shaped yoyos. They just aren’t for me i guess. Ill give it time though; ive grown fond of yoyos i disliked a few times.

3 Likes

I found it to almost be too light, ultralights put it at underweight next to your average 66g, very interesting how different it is for other people

3 Likes

New Shutter colors online now! :slightly_smiling_face:

20 Likes

I agree with you! This is my thoughts. Its a slapper

3 Likes

the oxy5 is a great h shape yoyo with character. it was an inspiration for the FTY PV44 which is an h shape as well that i’d recommend…. though some may say it’s a bit more organic.

5 Likes

I wasnt impressed with the CLYW Pickaxe. Its a fine yoyo but it didnt stay in my collection very long.

3 Likes

I don’t think you’d like extreme H shapes in general if you don’t like the Aitch. It’s one of the very few extreme H shapes that somehow manages to have maneuverability while retaining its power. Most other extreme H shapes are sluggish and reluctant, and play even heavier. The narrow width is just the product of the shape, it’s simply impossible to make an extreme H shape without having a narrow width, because the diameter to width ratio has to be about 1.4, otherwise it just doesn’t look like a H. The stability issue that you face is most likely due to it’s narrow width, as it is quite easy to touch the rims of the yoyo as they are huge, resulting in a tiny trapeze width of about 30mm which would cause the yoyo to tilt a lot. But with its enormous rims, it has tons of rim weight and can power through difficult horizontal tricks with ease. It’s actually surprising that it had such a good reception, since such extreme shapes don’t really appeal to the masses and usually only a small group of people would enjoy such shapes.

Based on this, you might want to miss the Mowl Surveillance (both the old 6061 version and the new 7075 version), Mowl Surveillance Ti, Mowl Vigilancia, Mowl Surveil, iYoYo Titanic, iYoYo Iceberg (Classic), iYoYo Firrox, iYoYo Firrox 7075 and the iYoYo Steel. Though I must mention that even though these yoyos’ H shape isn’t as extreme as the Aitch, they do play similarly, with larger widths and significantly larger trapeze widths. People that like H shapes usually dislike the widening yoyo trend and like yoyos that feel powerful with lots of spin time and stability so if that doesn’t sound like you, I don’t think you would like hard or extreme H shapes.

7 Likes

What do you mean?

4 Likes

Inefficient allocation of resources.

A larger percentage of the revenue to production of the product than to the retailer, designers, promoters.

7 Likes

This makes sense given that OneDrop was doing both designing and manufacturing. Thank you for the insightful, honest reply.

3 Likes

They had a clear advantage.

It’s a very interesting time to look back at.

5 Likes

I agree. Things have changed so much in the yo-yo industry since then.
But, I am sure you could lecture me.

2 Likes