What Music Do You Throw To?

What kinda music/artist/songs do you listen to (if any) while throwing?

I like slower hip/hop and rap because I always tend to naturally go with the speed and flow of the song and the tempos fit me. I’m also a huge fan of what I call “Diner Music” (1950’s-60’s music) I also like a little edm and modern country…yes modern country dodges tomatoes thrown

1 Like

Mongolian throat singing

1 Like

Billy Joel, just Billy Joel…

5 Likes

Ab-Soul, Underachievers, some Miles Davis perhaps

1 Like

Lo-fi radio all the way! :stuck_out_tongue:

3 Likes

I listen to hip hop or groovy rock music like King Gizzard and the Lizard Wizard and Tyler the Creator.

3 Likes

I have a lot of Tyler the Creator in my throw playlist, he and Earl Sweatshirt

2 Likes

Me and the old man drank beers played chess and listened to him the other day… he’s a vibe haha

Over the past 5 years I have recorded all the throw sessions.

I compile all the sessions into one master file- a cacophony of return tops, always louder, never ending, always growing.

3 Likes

Mostly death metal these days.

2 Likes

BeeBop Jazz really works for me. Even when practicing it is the music I prefer
If I could throw well enough to string a few minutes of tricks together I would use the following songs in some way.
Thelonious Monk
“ in walked bud “ for fast stuff

“ round midnight “ for slow flow stuff

John Caltrain
“ Blue Train “ for slow to fast transition stuff

“ My favorite things” for flashy or bouncy tricks with exclamation points.

Attempt at attaching a link to music
Now I have never made a video with yo-yo trick and music, but I am sure the pace of the music and beats per min and complex changes may make this impossible to do with these songs. I think throwing to these songs even if it is not synchronized or in a way that is nothing more than back round music in a soft lit room with a brighter light on the tricks where the focus is… would be nice video… Maybe someday
I really like Jazz it is a special language I wish I knew.

Everyone have a great rest of the weekend

3 Likes