What makes a good grinding yoyo?

I was under the impression that there has to be enough area touching your arm. Otherwise, won’t the yoyo just fall off, since there is nothing to keep it there?

No, It only makes it better.

Probably a dv888, and hit man pro.

It’s called the Monkeyfinger Evil Yo. The god of all grinding yoyos.

… I feel the code 2 is the grinder of all time. Good ano, smooth, stable, and one drop grooves allow glass like grinds that don’t slow the yoyo down as much as others. My grinds Last twice to three times as long on a code 2. the evil yo has the odd shape. maybe I will get to try one at MAR this year. Or maybe I will buy one, they have colorways that are sick! Hows the irg on a evil?

This

No, you will be like :o when you try an Evil Yo. Anything else feels inferior. Also, my Dietz grinds better than my Code 2.

My Dietz is my favorite yoyo but my code 2 does transfers and arm grinds way better. my Dietz is a lot better then others but code 2 in my opinion gots it beat on grinds. But size, speed, maneuverability, and overall playability goes to Dietz, plus I have tiny hands for a 33y old man and the code 2 feels massive in my hands. Everybodys different ;D. Still… I’ve heard good things about evil yo. At 52mm it might not feel to big ::).

Yeah, I was referring to finger grinds. The shape kills em.

I know it’s not quite what the op had in mind but it needs to be said, your throw! You can have all those great yo characteristics but without a good throw it just doesn’t mean much.

Keeping your arm hair at the correct length will help polished yos grind like a dream. Keep that hair to long and it will wrap that bearing and youch! To short and that polished yo is going to stick like gum on the wall! (I believe, but I’m not certain, that I gained this information from …on second thought I’ll keep that name to my self). :wink:

I’m guessing the grind machine does not grind well, being plastic, ironic because of its name

^^It grinds well for a stock plastic.

skitrz: who told you that?

Dude! Wasn’t it you? ??? I know it was someone that braided the hair on one arm and the other was baby smooth. Hmmmmmm…if it’s not you then who??? ::slight_smile:

Nope, the hair on my arm isn’t quite that long. LOL

Better then other plastics but ya, it slows really quickly.

Counter attack grinds rather well, thanks to it’s weight and Grind Machine Body. I’d rather buy the Counter attack again, as I’ve owned both.