What lube should I get?

So I recently lost my yoyofactory performance oil(lube) that I have been using for the past year, and so I need to get a new one. But there are a lot of choices, and I don’t know which one to get. I could get yyf lube again but I wanna try something different. I want something that will last a long time and get the job done.

(major_seventh) #2

Honestly YYF is fantastic.

You went through a bottle of lube in a year? Wow! I feel like my V4M has hardly gone down at all after 3 years of use. Haha!

To answer the question: I do enjoy V4M. Had no problems with the YYJ stuff either. I’m sure the YYF lube is fine, too. As long as it’s thin lube I can’t see there being many issues.

Please tell me I’m not the only one who giggled at the title…

You are not the only one that giggled, I also chuckled.

Sewing machine oil is very thin and cheap you can find it at most craft stores. It’s excellent I use it all the time whenever my Yoyo bearings need a little lube.

OD V4M is good, and so is YYJ.

I’m using terrapin dry lube on some yoyos. It doesn’t reduce the noise but doesn’t cause the drag of liquid lubes. If you don’t mind some sound, go for it.

I’ve been using V4M thin lube, and it has been wonderful. I’d recommend it. But then again, what do I know.

(Erik Kerber ) #10

What do you know? I’m interested to hear pull up a chair and tell us your life story :smiley:

I currently just use the YYF thin lube on all my bearings but I’ve heard good things abou V4M as well honestly I don’t think there’s that big of a difference I’m pretty sure thin lube is thin lube and thats all there is to it

Haha, trust me. My life story is long and depressing. Would be a great story though. No joke!!

Based on my own slightly biased* opinion, I’m very partial to V4M, it is that good! :slight_smile:

db

• “slightly biased” is a serious understatement, for those who know…