What? Just can't understand?

I’m that guy that heads straight up the mountain while others choose to meander their way up, or take a helicopter. Not one of these is better than another, just preference. What? Just can’t understand?

I’m that guy that refused to use training wheels as a child, while others used training wheels and had adults hold the seat of the bike. Not one of these is better than another, just preference. What? Just can’t understand?

I’m that guy that sees something and tries it, little to no instruction or research, let me at it, while others choose a more calculated approach. Not one of these is better than another, just preference. (As long you survive lol.) What? Just can’t understand?

I’m that guy that cringes at the mention of liver and onions, but others absolutely love it. I’m glad for them. It’s just preference. What? Just can’t understand?

I’m that guy that walks the dog, while other choose not to walk the dog. Not one of these is better than another, just preference. What? Just can’t understand?

I’m that guy that shares whatever yoyo I have in hand if someone is interested, while others choose not to share or carry a second yoyo. Not one of these is better than another, just preference. What? Just can’t understand?

I’m that guy that has been yoyoing most of his life, perceives old school yoyoing as a great way to learn, while others don’t agree and “just can’t understand why anyone would do that.” I totally can understand why others might find old school yoyoing frustrating. What? Just can’t understand?

I’m that guy that likes organic yoyos, as well as all the others, while some “just can’t understand why anyone would like an organic.” I totally can understand why other shapes are appealing to others. What? Just can’t understand?

It’s fine to disagree or have a different experience but if you are having problems understanding someone can be that different, I hope that one day you can find joy in learning to understand.

One experience/opinion to rule them all. Really? I just can’t understand! lol

8 Likes

I don’t understand.

9 Likes

Yep, im a 'walk the dog’er myself. On Easter one of my cousins stole my yoyo out of my pocket, and once everyone saw it they asked me to do some tricks. One of them was walk the dog. Without hesitation I threw down my OD VTWO and walked that dog. Then I proceeded to pull off a perfect Kwyjibo combo (forget what I did before I went into Kwyjibo) in a tight space despite being several drinks deep, and pocket the yoyo because if I try to show off anymore I know that id just mess up.

3 Likes

I believe it’s fine to disagree but I also like to understand so it’s nice to have a little back and forth sometimes. In your case it’s fine because I understand why people enjoy organics but there’s definitely situations where I want to expand on things and ask questions.

It’s a bit of a pet peeve of mine when others don’t even try to understand why another person feels or thinks a certain way

7 Likes

That’s alright codinghorror. I don’t believe any of us thought you would. :laughing:

4 Likes

I totally agree andy569. I wish people communicated more and talked at each other less.

2 Likes

I’ve never heard anyone say this. As far as i’ve been into yoyos, old-school yoyoing is perceived as some kind of beautiful archaic language that very few people are fortunate to speak.

2 Likes

Who hurt you man?

3 Likes

I pretty much understand that misunderstandings can be misunderstood from simply lack of understanding. So it is completely understandable that if someone just can’t understand; that it might just be an understandably misunderstood understanding.

But then again; many misunderstandings can be understood if you just step back and try to understanding the rudimentary causation of a/the misunderstanding.

I understood the prime principle of just not understanding; based on the examples already given.

But it is no doubt; in the realm of possibilities that a certain percentage of folks will never understand what is suggested or understood by others; regardless of exerted attempts to grasp the gist of specifics potentially inherent in views prone to misunderstanding.

Although I am not completely sure about that.

Worst case scenario; I most likely just misunderstood.

Which is understandable; I think?

6 Likes

The Unknown

As we know,
There are known knowns.
There are things we know we know.
We also know
There are known unknowns.
That is to say
We know there are some things
We do not know.
But there are also unknown unknowns,
The ones we don’t know
We don’t know.

7 Likes

I don’t understand what that means.

All things yoyo are preference, we know that. Some people have stronger opinions, we understand that. This rant I do not get though. It’s like the kind of slam poetry you hear in some bar in the hip side of town.

Me neither, Evan, me neither.

1 Like

So this is basically trying to run before you walk so you don’t have to learn to walk again?

What? Still can’t understand?