What is your most stable throw?

Woah I’ve never seen that bearing before!

1 Like

That is a Terrapin Delta, the early Sengokus cane with them.

2 Likes

My Yoyofactory G5 w/o hubstacks attached is probably my most stable yoyo. Considering that it was designed for maximum stability so it can handle hubstacks, it makes sense that it would be so stable with them off.

When will the Converge be available for purchase? I’ve seen a good review about it and has gotten me really interested

3 Likes

A month or two. Mail delays has slowed testing/assembly down considerably.
You’ll know when they’re ready though because some of them will be dropping here at Yoyoexpert.

7 Likes

Can confirm the hype on Converges are underselling this yoyo. Worth the wait the hype is real!

5 Likes

Maybe this is a stupid question but why do hubstacks take away from stability? The same weight is on each side…

1 Like

From the added centre weight probably?

3 Likes

The boost is also a really stable throw!

1 Like

@MoonageMin got it. Adding center weight can decrease stability depending on how it’s added. Adding hubstacks also adds additional complexity to the yoyo that would introduce balance/vibration issues. For example, the Z-stacks on my G5 are not perfectly centered and have a slight wobble when they spin on the hub, so that imbalance causes a tiny bit of vibe while the yoyo is spinning. Taking them off makes the G5 glass-smooth and extremely stable.

2 Likes

That is good to know. Absolutely love the specs of the Converge. I re-watched the review on this by Yiyang. This throw is baking in a lot of design elements that makes a yoyo spin longer and still have very good stability. Can’t wait to get my hands on this.

2 Likes

Yeah it’s a thoroughbred comp throw

1 Like

@French that is absolutely beeeeee-U-T-full!
Thanks for the pics, they’re much appreciated. One day…

2 Likes

They are called VIP bearings

Try to avoid doing that, not really necessary

1 Like

I already have one. Btw it’s against forum rules to link other yoyo stores.:wink:

1 Like

Raytracer
Akita
Unknown

Those are the first to come to mind in my collection

3 Likes

My YYF Paolist is pretty stable. Was playing it the park yesterday, it has been neglected for a while. Pretty nice yo-yo actually, will be getting more play.

3 Likes