What is your most stable throw?

I’d like to get feedback on what you guys feel is your most stable yoyo. The one one that remains the most upright through all of your tricks without tilting off center. I would say mine is the yoyo officer Tusk.

6 Likes

I think most YoYos are stable.

I think the way you throw a yoyo could cause the yoyo to tilt off plane.

I do think that there are YoYos that are more forgiving to tilting off plane and those are probably throws with lower walls and have the weight closer to the center of the yoyo.

Could be wrong though.

4 Likes

iYoyo Iceberg

3 Likes

Mk1 Umbra
Bimetal Superstar
UNPRLD Antidote (surprisingly stable)

1 Like

I havnt been yoyoing long. But Ive tried over 200 yoyos.
The most stable i threw was a Banshee ss. The downside may be its a little uncomfortable on catch and plays a bit differently (personally i like it a lot) but it is very stable.

The least stable thing i ever tried was the qubit. If you use a short string on it and play carefully it has no issues. But the second your string rubs the wall, it starts to go off plane

3 Likes

Hey @FrankieJR have you tried an iceberg?

So I haven’t tried as many as you have, but as you know I also have the Banshee SS and before I tried the iceberg that would also have been the most stable yoyo I ever tried.

The iceberg is so comically stable I think this is currently the most stable yoyo I tried by quite a margin to the Banshee SS

Sengoku Forge

2 Likes

That’s quite unexpected for a hybrid throw. Very interesting that the Iceberg is that stable. Does that also mean it’s harder to correct its plane if your throw was tilted?

1 Like

It’s impossible to correct without stopping.

Let me take a video for you

1 Like

So the string is at almost 90 degrees to the yoyo rubbing against the wall of the yoyo hard. And this is how long it took for the yoyo to spin off a trapeze. In standard play it just stays locked in.

I was super surprised how stable it is. Didn’t expect this and it’s something you have to try yourself to believe.

7 Likes

That’s incredible! Thanks for the video. Very fascinating to say the least. Something magical about the weight distribution?

1 Like

The plastic body (machined polycarbonate) is suppose to be super light with big heavy SS rims.

So it’s like a bimetal on steroids.

5 Likes

Probably the Mowl Surveillance.

1 Like

I don’t think we should condone yoyos using performance enhancing drugs. :rofl:

6 Likes

:joy:

3 Likes

yes i used to have one and i loved it, came with a little vibe tho

1 Like

You must of had an unlucky draw…I’ve never had any of my Sengoku purchases be less than glass smooth.

2 Likes

OK, so it’s like a bimetal on crack… Better?

5 Likes

well, I guess as long as the bimetal isn’t actually cracked…we don’t need to bring lawsuits into this :wink:

3 Likes

Mustang ES

6 Likes