What is your most regretful yoyo purchase?

I guess I don’t regret my purchases of YYF not all at least just like 70% the rest were decent well the proton was legit. But that’s the best throw of YYF I’ve thrown.
My dv888s axle went through the side hole :confused:

How does a steel bearing crack on a plastic bearing seat? If it were that tight, it would be the other way around. Your string snapped? Okay, that happens, not the yoyo’s fault. It shattered on your face? This is polycarb, not blown glass. On the Panda, you are mad it got aesthetic damage from hitting a hard surface repeatedly? You blame the yoyo when you lost the spacers? You are mad the cheapest pads need to be replaced? It is like $8 for a 24 pack.

I could care less if you have a YYJ bias, but you can’t hate on other companies, especially when grasping at teeth like this.

Did you get it used? Did you twist the axle in as hard as you could? Either way, someone probabaly destroyed the axle stops, something neccessary to stack it.

I would say I regret my Delrin Severe because of the pulse, but it plays great, if you ignore it. Fretting over vibe instead of doing tricks and combos is no way to throw.

Lol my whip cracked in more then one spot and I threw it away cause I figured a Yoyo that’s decent at best brand new would prolly end up killing someone cracked. I didn’t notice any type of biases opinion from the guy speaking about the whip breaking. It’s a 10$ Yoyo you really don’t think it could shatter? I honestly wouldn’t put it past a cheap throw to not shatter

Lol no way bro. Like I said this wasn’t just vibe it was a pulse that was faster than my own. There was no way I was gonna look past pulse on a brand new Yoyo. Lol check out these facts down here

Delrin empire sun - smooth even after taking it apart , no caps, 25$ and overall the best Delrin I own

Delrin severe - pulses like crazy ( I can ignore a little vibe but a Yoyo doing the cha cha cha is really hard to ignore cost 45$ .

All I’m saying is, I gladly returned the severe and bought a Delrin empire sun and was so relieved cause I felt YYE wouldn’t believe me about the severe since it was brand new. It truly was disappointing to not have the severe work cause I won’t lie without the caps it looks like a great throw, then you see it dancing at the end of the string and pulsating and it’s like uhhhhh :frowning:

Wow. Only 6 posts in before this became a YYF hate thread. ::slight_smile:

I love my DNA. It was my second metal I ever had after a DV888 (which I still have and love as well). The only throw I’ve truly regretted was a Chico Manimal. The aqua/black acid wash was beautiful to look at, but to me, it played like a cement block at the end of the string.

Nah man it was brand new, Had it for quite some time. Also had purchased smaller axle for it. Still had fun with it tho. Good Lil throw except for those holes

I guess I only regret the severe purchase most others have been legit and have made me content. I just kinda going off that feeling of gambling when you purchase a YYF Yoyo

A 1/1 OD yelet for my girlfrend that she never plays…

Oh yeah I also bought a one drop yelets and regret buying it. Gave me no problems but just wasn’t my cup of tea

As well as CLYW glacier express I regret ever buying to me the stability was no where near the description of stability it was given. I couldn’t believe it as a CLYW throw.

i did not intend for us to bash on any Yoyo company.
Lets bring it back, and talk about the YOYOs itself. Not the company.

for myself - i should mention.
i dont like my FHZ. i bought it because people kept saying it was good and over hyped. but you NEED to mod it. and if you dont mod it, it will never play well. it is too responsive, plus friction stickers run out on that thing every 2 days.

I assume so much hate on YYF is caused mostly due to user error.

I’ve thrown MANY Yiffs. The worst problem I’ve had is maybe a slightly too-tight bearing seat. Nothing a removal tool couldn’t fix.
I mean, they came out with the DNA, 888, and Genesis! Great yoyos. But no, we’ve got to whine about “Oh I threw my plastic yoyo on the ground and it broke somehow stupid YYF.”

I regret buying an Oxy 3VO. It was a tad too unstable for my tastes. Plus satined (yuck).
Might get some flack for this, but I’ve never cared for Tom Kuhns. I had an SB1 and a No Jive and didn’t like either. Gimme something modern 8)

1 Like

Some of the cases seem legit and some a little too farfetched … My example involves yoyofactory but my issue was fixed … so I will post it to remind everyone that if you have an issue with something … there is a way to get it fixed.

this is about my first genesis back in 2009… the orange splash/ano whatever started to fade away and the yoyo started to look gray/silverish … i contacted yoyofactory and yoyoexpert

And Yoyoyexpert responded quickly and sent me a new one … and the new one … had no issues at all

did i buy more yoyofactory after this incident ? Offcourse I did … it was just one case, one incident and I never had any issues with another yyf since…

2 Likes

Served. On a silver platter.

Amen to that.

Also, the yoyo I regret buying most is my 888x. Nothing wrong with it, I was just inexperienced and in the rightly wrong place at the rightly wrong time (make sense?). My first metal, just a bit too unstable for me to fully appreciate it. I still come back to it for a little bit of throwing every once and a while. The feel is good, it’s just that stability thing still.

It must be because YYF is terrible at making yoyos right?! ::slight_smile: No, it’s probably more like it’s an older more traditional throw, and anything out of perfect hits will cause it to tilt a bit.

P.S. The ano on it is superb as well as the rest of the work that YYF puts out. I’ve heard good stories of their customer service as well as YYE’s service as well. If your throw pulses SEVERELY (ha! get it?) then maybe it is your responsibility to see if either will do something for you or your throw.

P.S.S. Nivo just proved my point whilst I finished typing this

2 Likes

My severe has pulsed straight out of the box, but I still like it. I love my new Die Nasty and Roll Model. But my severe has gotten better through a few dings. I really am coming around to YYF after the awesomeness that is the Roll Model.

lol yeah because if their ten dollar plastics yo-yos are not good, then you KNOW you can’t trust them.

just lay off.

My 888 its crappy, bad and has no use I throw it once I hate it so bad I did every thing I could to get rid, but I still have it D:

Only regrets are when I got caught up in the hype over the latest and greatest model yoyo, had to get the limited colorway$, and then just wasn’t feeling it. Happened a couple of times.

Now I just try to contain my excitement and let the dust settle before deciding on purchases.

2 Likes

This kid (iYoyo58) doesn’t seem to get it. He only loves YYJ and everything else is crap, apparently. I’m sick of this kid bashing every other company except for YYJ when really YYF outdoes YYJ in every single regard with the exception of 4A. It gets so irritating.

And YYF, even though they aren’t my absolute favorite, is obviously doing quite well and they don’t deserve all the hate they get. They produce some of the absolute best throws available today at a cost no one else has and their competitive team KILLS the competition. Quit dissing and hating on YYF. It’s retarded.

6 Likes

Then why did you trade a campfire for it LOL! :smiley:

My most regretful purchase is buying a broken mosquito form the exploratorium for 20 bucks! I still have the piece of crap today -_-