What is your "grail"?

I’ve heard the term a lot, and although I’ve basically figured out what it means, I was wondering what everyone else’s “grail” is? Mine was the noctu, but then I found one :grin:

1 Like

So what does “grail” mean?

You know, “The Search for the Holy Grail”…

I don’t think I have one. I just get what grabs me.

Did the Noctu, meet your expectations, WickerWraith?

1 Like

If it means “ultimate dream yoyo,” then I don’t think I have one either.

On the other hand, if it means “that one yoyo you are on a quest to obtain,” then for me that would be a 2016 OD Benchmark W in nickel finish. Not because it is the “holy grail” of yoyo performance (or fun), but because it completes the set (of which I have the other three) and it is proving very hard to find out in the wild.

2 Likes

As far as looks go, hell yes, but DAMN THE METRIC BEARINGS. finding a concave was was nigh on impossible, and they make the throw vibey like A and D size bearings do. I swore then and there I would only buy C size bearing yoyos from then on.

1 Like

my grail is the grail

5 Likes

My grail has changed a few times over the years. Right now mine would prolly be a mint/NM TiWalker.

2 Likes

Yeah it’s kinda funny how the Grail is very aptly named! I got one too and the hype was deserved…

3 Likes

I’d love to get my hands on a G2 with a cool swirl. Banshee, wolf, whatever, just want that swirl!

5 Likes

Mine is arguably kinda lame. For YEARS I’ve been hunting for a black YYR Mr. Butcher, to no avail. I found ONE for sale since my search began sometime back in 2013 (I think), but I didn’t have the funds at the time. I’ve owned a clear one, but stupidly traded it away.

Anyways, if anyone has heard any rumors of rumblings of where I could snag one, please PM me :stuck_out_tongue:

4 Likes

Not sure that I have one but I have always thought it would be sweet to have one of the OG Dark Magics signed by Andre that he uses in the instructional tutorials.

3 Likes

I’d have to say that if I had to pick another grail (cuz I have my original one) it would either be a luftverk AMS tundra, or a recrev titanium TA-1.

1 Like

My “grail” is the CLYW Blizzard

2 Likes

Well first it was a B.S.P…
And then it was a Sovereign.
After that the machinist talked me into a Magnum.
Which lead to a Five Star.
Then it was a Mg.
A whole lot of Mgs.
After you’ve had the Mg you want something handmade by Skon himself.
Then there was that time Deth gave me a Silver Bullet for Christmas.
I’ve got one mint Bape left.
I’ve owned every variant of the Ywet just kept the Danny Severance version.
Almost forgot, yes to cold fusion.
Heck that means my grail is a Cold Fusion G.T.!
I’m glad we had this chance to dialog.

8 Likes

puffin 2 baby

3 Likes

Underrated all star!

2 Likes

Avocado Grail, ironically

3 Likes

I just have enough yoyos that are round and spin.

I see another yoyo I like, find myself wanting it and then realise it’s another thing that spins just like all my other things that spin.

If I did get my ‘grail’ I’d probably regret how much I paid for it, and then start wishing for the next amazing new thing that spins.

3 Likes

CS Bliss b-grade. Good enough to throw, damaged enough to not worry about damage.

2 Likes

i mean, you’re missing the point of the thread AND the fact that there are some qualities that you need to do certain things with “things that spin”, but i get where you’re coming from. spending thousands on yoyos is just not something some people are interested in.