What is your favourite competition bi-metal?

What is your favourite competition bi-metal?

• Duncan GTR-JS
  • CLYW Klondike
  • Japan Technology Kagerou
  • C3yoyodesign Hydrogen Crash
  • YoyoFactory IQ
  • Other (please specify in comments)
0 voters
3 Likes

Hades

3 Likes

Next stage has been great if you donā€™t like that slow and heavy feeling from high rim weighted throws.

2 Likes

I enjoy the Krown St

2 Likes

Out of your list the GTR-JS is my favorite, some bimetals Iā€™ve been enjoying recently are:

Motion yoyos Centrifugal
Mowl M+
unprld nostalgia
TP Palpitation ES
TP Hinemosu

6 Likes
  • TP BGM
  • TP Anubis
  • YYR Toru 0.9
  • TP Aster
  • Personal releases
2 Likes

Iā€™d take my Centrifugal. The obvious choice for me would be Kinetic but I like the extra little zip Centrifugal gives me.

4 Likes

My current competition throw is the unprld nostalgia.

2 Likes

Hydrogen Crash or M+ so i put other

1 Like

No love for the world champion? YYF Miricle all the way

3 Likes

Any kinda vote for the Klondike and im in, Idc if you asked what my favorite offstring yoyo is Iā€™m picking the Klondike anyways

4 Likes

Frankly I feel that Kim would have won worlds even if you gave him a Maverick with an unresponsive bearing.

3 Likes

I really like the Rain City Skills Deluge. I also like the Motion yoyos Accelerated for more of a ā€œtraditionalā€ competitive throw.

5 Likes

given that the yyf paragraph is currently under bimetals on this website, gonna have to say the paragraph

Collapsar.

Grasshopper 2.

5 Likes

Thank you all. My favourites for the moment are the UŠ˜PRLD Flashback and the Duncan GTR-JS, but I think I like the GTR-JS the most since it is more confortable than the flashback. However, I find the flashback more stable and is faster. Why do you like the Hades?

2 Likes

Hades is hardcore. Itā€™s heavy and big and it took me a long time to get used to the feel of it and really start to feel comfortable with it. I definitely donā€™t think itā€™s a Yoyo for everyone and I definitely donā€™t think itā€™s a Yoyo to throw for an hour and make up your mind about either because it really does take some getting used to. Both the weight and the large diameter are extreme.

Once I did get used to it though, it quickly became my favorite and even more so now that Iā€™m very comfortable with it. It spins forever, like an absolutely ridiculously long time. You need to throw it hard to maximize that but even with light throws, it has so much power, that you can get really long spins time. The extra weight also makes hand bumps matter a lot less like I will bump it hard sometimes and barely lose spintime and it will stay straight and stable. Iā€™m consistently reminded how ridiculously stable the Yoyo is like once itā€™s spinning, it wants to stay spinning and upright like doesnā€™t tilt off axis easily at all.

The weight and feel helps maintains a strong presence on the string, so it is very easy for me to sense where In space the Yoyo is at all times and adjust momentum and respond accordingly. Especially when Iā€™m trying to move fast because I can tell how I need to move it to adjust momentum and direction.

Itā€™s also just really easy to control like it prioritizes control and stability and spintime over everything else I would say. the extra control is super helpful to me. As an example, It is so easy to throw around a suicide with the exact right amount of force to get the loop to open just right and give the maximum time to spot the loop and catch it well.

I feel like I need to champion hades bc itā€™s specs are so outside the norms but I sincerely do feel like it is just an amazing Yoyo and there should be more yo-yos with specs near the hades specs. The more I use it, the more I appreciate it.

Edit: I should note that I am no where near the skill level of competitive yoyo players but hades has been used by Yuma Watanabe to win first in the Japan north regional contest and he used it to compete at the wyyc this year. When I decide Iā€™m ready to start competing, I will be using hades but I have a lot of zones to master and tricks to learn first.

3 Likes

Centrifugal makes learning and landing tricks easier. By far the nicest bimetal Iā€™ve ever played. Hydrogen crash is my second

3 Likes

Mine WAS the GTR JS until I tried the Klondike

3 Likes

I would probably go with the Yjyoyo Roll Machine. Problem would be getting extras. :hugs:

3 Likes