What is your favorite yoyo of 2022?

Is the Hendiatris similar to the Nine Dragons in that the halves and catch zone spin independently of each other. Also does it scream like the 9 Dragons. Basically how does it differ from the 9 Dragons?

3 Likes

ATM Iā€™d have to say the YJYOYO Galaxy Time.

2 Likes

It is not like the nine dragons. Plays like a normal yoyo, but Itā€™s like a cheat code for horizontal. The area around the bearing is free spinning on a 2nd set of hidden bearings which DRASTICALLY reduces the friction when you get tilted or off axis. Highly recommend.

1 Like

I had no interest in this, now I do.

I thought, why would I want more spinning parts to keep track of, sounds complicated.

This is the best description on this throw I have seen so far, suddenly all the reviews Iā€™ve read make sense.

Thank you!

Thanks for clearing that up

3 Likes

Perpetual Motion is hands down the best yoyo I own! Itā€™s incredibly stable, light, and has an amazing aesthetic with its cuts.

4 Likes

I havenā€™t got the yoyo yet, but if it lives up to its description of being a ā€œslimline Draupnirā€, then it would be my favourite yoyo of 2022.

The Dressel Designs Kanto.

1 Like

DocPop BoltXP is my #1 pick so far. Itā€™s everything I wanted from a throwback to YYJ plastic, with updates in all the right areas - a concave bearing, schmooves, flow groove response, and machined delrin instead of molded celcon. Itā€™s one of the few yoyo purchases Iā€™ve been unreservedly happy with, and is the only yoyo I own more than one of.

5 Likes

The snack has been very pleasant for me. I dont know many tricks but binds are super fun with it. Has anyone tried a Mowl Surveil? Ive been throwing that around lately. Its really nice i love it.

4 Likes

The Snack is an amazing throw! I keep mine in my car so I can have a yoyo wherever I go even if I forget to bring one when I leave the house.

5 Likes

I think it technically came out in Dec 2021, but the MK1xSW RBC was a big game changer this year that shook up the yo-yo world. Itā€™s a lovely design and feels great in the hand and on the string.
Plus how many yo-yos get a second full run within a year due to popular demand?

7 Likes

GTR-JS and Diorama both came out at the beginning of 2022, so those.

10 Likes

el MiJo by ZGRT is my favorite for a few reasons. I have the proto and every one. Always have one on me.

CENTRIFUGAL BY Motion_YoYo.

10 Likes

Heaven Sent Creep Final. Lot of different organics this year, but this one stays in my main rotation case.

5 Likes

The RBC and the El Mijo are very hard to beat. I keep both of them on my desk ready to play.

Recently I got into ā€œminiā€ yoyos after the introduction of the Knuckle Yo. (Great fun but challenging.) Along with the Knuckle Yo which I am trying to conquer, I am regularly throwing a Toonie and a Laā€™Grange. I have the Toonie setup as responsive.

After throwing the Toonie and the Laā€™Grange, full size throws almost seem klunky. :wink:

5 Likes

Probably the CLYW Ditch for me. Itā€™s a lot of fun and itā€™s been a welcome change of size in my rotation.

Shout out to the el MiJo, while I havenā€™t had the opportunity to try one yet it seems like a heck of a throw from everything Iā€™ve read and watched about it. Not to mention that ZRGT just seems like a really great company.

6 Likes

12 Likes

Centrifugal by @JEA86 (motion) is the best

My FAVORITE is probably the FH1 (I have 6 of them and Iā€™m getting more)

8 Likes

My favorite is the new mold Butterfly. It gets some playtime most days.

Honorable mentions go to the BoltXP and Kasm.

4 Likes

After @aszyd was awesome enough to pass on the YYWS redacted, it became my daily driver. I liked it enough that it became the first yoyo I ever bought a duplicate of just to bape. Theyā€™re both still as smooth as ever and itā€™s my go-to yoyo for learning new tricks. Another huge thanks to @yoyoworkshop_wayne. If I had the money Iā€™d grab that Von Boom redacted on the BST :heart_eyes:. What an awesome yoyo!

18 Likes