Need help choosing a new bi metal

Looking to purchase a new bi metal throw. I like to keep my weight around 64g. Any insight on the ones listed in the poll is appreciated.

• MK1 Exia
  • Yoyoball Hendiatris
  • Good Life Breeze
  • C3 Galaxy Diver V2
  • Unparalleled Coglite
  • Duncan GTR-JS

0 voters

3 Likes

Motion yo-yos perpetual is the best Bimetal of 2022.

I’ve played most of the yo-yos on this list, and the only ones that really touch the all around performance is the gtr.

Only one I haven’t touched is the new hendiatris.

Coglite is light and nimble with decent power but can be a hair unstable.

Diver v2 is still really heavy and substantial feeling on the string, not much float and takes some decent effort to get moving fast

Exia is floaty and stable, but can sometimes be too nimble, for me at least.

Breeze… I don’t want to talk ab it tbh, but it’s crazy light and floaty, and is stable at high rpm’s but, once it slows down… hurry and bind.

Gtr-js is a powerhouse, but for the $, the Motion perpetual is just a bit more rounded out and refined. Also boutique qc is unmatched.

This is my opinion. That I’ll happily die with. Cheers!

7 Likes

Awesome info Bjorn. I’m a intermediate laid back kind of player, not too flashy but I can speed things up if needed. I enjoy flowy and light throws, but also stable with minimal vibe.

1 Like

I’d guess that I’ve played around 100 bimetals over the years. The Hendiatris honestly out performs ALL of them. Sure there are some that are better for grinds or fingerspins, but as far as stability it’s not even close. The free spinning inner design is just on a whole new level. Literally 2-3 times the horizontal spin times. I took my next best performer (Orbital GTX) and landed horizontal trapeze and just held it there at 45 degrees where the string is dragging the inner catch area. The Hendiatris more than doubled the spin time of the Orbital when doing the same thing. I’ve got a standard horizontal combo that generally is the spin time limit of my horizontal abilities. With every other yoyo, I have to immediately bind after this combo to get it to return and often I fail. With the Hendiatris when I do the same combo and bind, the yoyo comes back so hard it surprised me. I have to keep doing tricks just to ensure the spin has slowed enough to safely bind. It does all this at a floaty and light 62 grams with minimal vibe.

4 Likes

I’m gonna try a hendriatis if I win some money at AC next weekend haha.

3 Likes

I just got an IQ, and it really deserves all the praise it’s gotten. Terrific throw that feels surprisingly light and floaty.