What is your favorite tool for knots?

I honestly just unscrew the yoyo, unless it’s a fixie…then I use pointy tweezers.

8 Likes

A plastic yarn needle I got from Airetic.

8 Likes

I worked at a discount tire a couple of years ago, and kept my toolbelt. This is used for taking caps/covers off of lugnuts without damaging them. Idk what its actually called. It’s great for getting out knots. Cant beat it

8 Likes

My favorite tool is a New string.

11 Likes

12 Likes

The Airetic string pickers are super nice. Tooth pick are also cool, and darning needles (as seen in Tips and tricks by @Exmime) look nifty as well.

5 Likes

a quality wood toothpick

20 Likes

Little tool I designed and printed

19 Likes

This is going to make some of you cringe because it is metal, but this works great.

15 Likes

Recently started using a sewing seam ripper and really like it. thin enough to fit in most gaps and really good at fitting into even tight knots

6 Likes

These Bamboo needles are the trick for smaller gaps and fixes

6 Likes

I hand make my own string picks using anodized aluminum wire made of an alloy that is softer than 6061, so it doesn’t scratch yoyo finishes. imageimage
They go on my custom yoyo holsters.

24 Likes

My teeth.

8 Likes

Great design.

5 Likes

I use the String Pick @Kray designed and it works pretty awesome!

2 Likes

Was trying to keep it a secret but I guess the cat is out of the bag

13 Likes

I use the plastic toothpick from a Swiss Army Knife keychain for knots. The scissors are useful for cutting the string as well.

6 Likes

Ah, me too.

2 Likes

i have a titanium toothpick i use, wasn’t why i bought it but its become its sole use, stays on my keychain, never looses the point

5 Likes

Since we’re on the topic, I have a fun rule. If I get a knot, I always pick it and then switch yoyos. Forces me to change things up a bit more often.

8 Likes