What is your favorite freestyle?

what is your favorite freestyle ever? I am curious to see what amazing freestyles there are out there! post it on this thread!

4 Likes
8 Likes

We became friends in the 6th grade when I ordered my first metal yo-yo (spyy skyy chaser) and saw him wearing a a Duncan shirt in class during the first week of middle school. Became instant friends. He was way better than me but he’s the reason I do got so into yo-yoing.

2 Likes

Couldn’t just pick one. I always go back to these for different reasons whether it be nostalgia, genuine awe, or for a good laugh.

6 Likes

how old was Zach in that video?

4 Likes

Don’t need any others

7 Likes

Backseat freestyle

3 Likes

insane Freestyle

3 Likes

Tessa Piccillo
OG Bi Metal Kodiak promotional video
Pure joy of throwing

Knot Creators Jordan Blofeld
The whips and slow motion bits are mesmerizing and the low lighting is awesome.

These are the some of the most frequent videos I show people when they ask about throwing.

4 Likes

Currently this:

3 Likes
4 Likes

Surprised no one has posted the GOAT freestyle yet

Also this one lowkey makes me emotional sometimes :skull::skull::skull:
If you wanna know what pure flow is… it doesn’t get much better than this

And this is undeniably one of the greatest “freestyles” of all time regardless of my/your opinion on the guy…

4 Likes

Always a favorite of mine!

7 Likes

My favourite player, slack for days!

3 Likes

The yoyo playing in this is so so good and still an amazing FS (I love it) but the music for this and all the owyyc 2022 performances is…lacking. Sucks about the music copyright rule for this contest like all these freestyles kinda tainted by lame music.

1 Like

About the music I really agree but it is also matter of personal taste, sometimes be an amazing yoyo player doesn’t mean you have also great music taste.

This is another one with insane good tricks (slacks on point) the music is a bit better, it fit the freestyle very well in my opinion.

Choose the music is not easy in my opinion cause you have to find something that really suit your style of play mostly in terms of speed, choose something a bit faster than your comfortable pace while playing and you will mess up all your tricks, it really needs to be think about also that and then the amount of songs to choose become smaller and smaller

6 Likes

Totally, I never thought about it like that but you’re right that must make it a lot harder with fewer songs to choose from. Also this FS is insane and I think It was this one where he had an axle knot for the the last like 40 seconds of the FS which is crazy!

1 Like

Man I couldn’t believe he landed all them hooks. Insane. Dope how he does it and everytime the music goes to that one part too. I gotta think about what’s my favorite there’s so many. Recently I really been liking Bergen 2017. I don’t play 5a and I’ve watched this so many times

1 Like