What is your age?

I’m on the young side of this post because I’m only 19.

Glad you’re still with us! Had a friend that had the same heart attack while playing music with some friends. A good friend was there, Bun E. Carlos (Cheap Trick drummer), Bun drove him to the hospital from his house, normally a 30-40 min drive, did it in less than 15! I never asked Bun how fast he was going ::slight_smile: Good thing, he’s still with us today.

Always figured that I was on the “old” side of this forum, pushing 37. Not that you guys that are in your 50’s and 60’s are old ;D

My step-grand daughter was the reason I got into yoyoing 3 years ago. It’s been a blast. She and her parents moved out of the house last year and I miss playing with her. Lately I’ve been into speedcubing, another skill toy pursuit. ;D

obviously i can say the same. something keeps trying to kill me and i am not having it.

Nothing wrong with being 19. I envy your abilities and enthusiasm.

oh, to be 19 again.

I’ve been around for 61 years but I’m only 39.

"I ain’t old, but I’ve been around a long time. ". :wink:

We’re not happy until you’re not happy! *<B{Q>

Must be related to Jack Benny.

Thanks! :slight_smile:

Younger than all of y’all but yet still inexperienced

Some of us old folks are also inexperienced.

That just gives you more time hopefully to work on your skills :wink:

I’m not sure how long you’ve been yoyoing but if it makes you feel better, I’ve been yoyoing for about 6 years and I’m not very good :stuck_out_tongue:

1A perspective, all I do.

In regards to “being very good”, I look at it the same way as music. I’d rather listen to someone play something simply and well, then a technical piece and make a muck of it. Whatever you do, make it flowy and smooth. That said, sometimes you need to sound bad before you can sound good. I don’t consider myself that good either, but what I do know has some smoothness to it, at least I think it does…

In my neighborhood I have been called the “yo-yo master” I certainly know better, compared to many of you, I am very basic, although I have learned a lot this time around.

It helps if you have someone to yo-yo with (I don’t). If I lived in an urban environment, it might happen.
I never see anyone yo-yo where I live - ever.

I always hoped to trade tricks and moves, and share knowledge in person. Even teaching someone gets us back to the basics. If I met someone who wanted to learn I’d enjoy teaching basic skills and tricks.

At one time we might have been thrilled by gyroscope… then kwijibo…then candy rain…then…

There was another point I was going to bring up, but realized it was off topic.

My name is steve, and yes I am an older yo-yo player.

I love trying to teach people! I feel a bit awkward since some of it feels so natural now that putting words to it can be difficult. I actually trade bimetals and other mid tier yoyos to people for boxes of plastics. This way I have plenty to give away for the purpose of teaching :slight_smile:

Have any of you older (age matured if you prefer :wink: ) yoyoers been in the hobby most of your lives? :slight_smile:

Yes this is the way. I have a 401 K that I should carry just in case a teaching opportunity arises. I kept it for this very reason.

55 years old. But a child at heart ( immature) whatever. Just started back up in April after 40 years not even looking at a yoyo. Gsquared website brought me back. YYR’s site hooked me. I have not seen another yoyo or yoyoer in all those years. I have an ad on CL, not one response. I would love to play along with others to learn all I can. I am working on cold fusion now, and man on trapeze stall. A trip to PHX is in the near future I hear there is a club.

I am about the same having taken about 50 years off from the sport (I discoverer Drums).

I’m coming up on 37, and have been yo-yoing for the most part since I was 8. Played seriously from 15-20, then sparsely until 31 when I found my box of yoyos again. Had my Playmaxx Bumble Bee out all the time, but finding all the others made me wonder if anyone else still played. That’s when I found YYE.