What is this item?

That looks like it’s got some heft. I imagine it would hurt your finger and forearm

1 Like

I tried searching it with google lens and the closest match was antique wooden dumbbells. It looks like it used to tie to a rope. Maybe some kind of antique buoy?

1 Like

Yeah it’s pretty brutal :joy:

1 Like

The logo is not the same as around square but it does look a lot like hobby / skill toy type branding. Maybe it’s some kind of skill toy?

3 Likes

So the guy who I got it from said he’s had it for 20-30 years, he doesn’t know what it is either lol

2 Likes

Well, it’s clearly a yoyo :rofl:

But the only thing I can think of that it actually looks like is a fishing marker buoy. For as long as I’ve fished (over 30 years), they’ve been fluorescent, but perhaps it’s a very old one.

1 Like

Interesting, could be. It’s pretty dense wood though I’m sure it would float but idk how well

1 Like

That went wayyyy better than I expected. I bet you could pull some stalls off with some practice.

1 Like

That’s a dressel designs 50/50

8 Likes

That sure does look like an American racing logo from old magnesium wheels.

7 Likes

Big Beeb?

6 Likes

I’ve totally seen that logo before!!! I too search google images and couldn’t find anything.
There is some other marking on the lower left, what are those? Any other markings on the other end?

1 Like

Nothing on the other end, and it’s just TM on the lower left but diagonally

This is driving me mad but I’m not stopping until I unearth its secret.

2 Likes

Right! I need to know!

1 Like

can we try and take a better picture of the TM?

1 Like

It’s at my friends house for the time being, once I get it back or when I go over there again I’ll get a better pic

2 Likes

Sort of similar. An old wooden diabolo on ebay. But this is a poser for sure.

4 Likes

That’s what I’m thinking. Very old diabolo. Here’s an antique one from France. What I’m stumped about is that logo. It looks very ‘modern’.

5 Likes

I feel like that has to be it. The way it actually yos? It’s definitely meant to spin on a string, maybe :joy:

5 Likes