Please help in identifying this yoyo

Hey folks, i came up on a yoyo lot and need help identifying this throw. Thanks in advance.

4 Likes

Kyo DNS. Pretty fun yoyo. The DNS stands for Do Not Stack apparently.

6 Likes

Appreciate the response, thank you bud. Hella fun lil throw.

1 Like

Here’s another one. Any info on this little guy? A fun undersized plastic throw.

3 Likes

That looks kinda like a YoYoJam Lyn Fury. If it weighs about 64g, has a diameter ~54mm and a width of ~41mm, that’s probably it.

6 Likes

Hey Isaac,
I think you’re right, thank bud :call_me_hand:!

3 Likes

The YoYoJam Lyn Fury had narrower black o-rings. Those look to be some sort of stock silicone rings of later YYJ models, not a custom silicone job. Also, maybe it’s camera distortion from being too close but the profile doesn’t look right. It’s not rounded enough. The shoulder looks too sharp. And even at that resolution, the four mold dimples should be visible in the flat portion around the o-rings.

Pics courtesy of the Museum of Yo-Yo History

The profile looks more like a speedmaker

I"ll go with that, guessing it was a half swap, as the original speedmaker had the hybrid response system - half o-ring and half starburst. And here I’m ready to concede that this may be a home brew silicone job.

I’ll also relent on the mold dimples being visible.

One problem I have with thinking it’s a speedmaker is the outer edge of the rim is flatter on the speedmaker. Then again it may be distortion in the mystery yoyo pics.

6 Likes

I believe the Original yoyofactory one design. Not the new one with the ski jumps about halfway up the profile. These were FUN yoyos.

3 Likes

I think @Yosiah might be right, while I couldn’t find a pic of the old Ones the profile of the current one looks super similar to the yo-yo you posted just without the bumps/ski jumps like Yosiah mentions.

Plus the guts look very similar, no visible metal in the axle holes vs the visible brass (?) in the YYJ throws:

(Pics courtesy that crazy yo-yo shop in Colorado)

3 Likes

My buddies and i used to buy these for the yoyo club we had in middle school to give to other people. My typing teacher even pitched in to buy about 20 of them so we could get as many people possible throwing as we could. SIDE NOTE: that club and people starting to yoyo would never have started if dazzling dave had never come to our school for a demonstration. Good times. Thats def a yoyofactory one

7 Likes

The pics from Isaac show a much larger flat area around the bearing than those posted by
EF.n.YOYO

1 Like

Yes. I know there were 2 seperatw versions of the yoyofactory one. The original and present which has the ski jumps and a little different feeling plastic. As far as i can recall the one that @EF.n.YOYO posted is the one just by my recollection.

Could be wrong. This is all just what i remember

1 Like

popping in to back up the old YYF One vote

Here’s a pic of the old profile

Looks about the same

EDIT: I think I can say almost without a doubt that that’s an old YYF One

6 Likes

I looked for a MINUTE trying to find an old pic. This is the best i could find.

3 Likes

Thank you to @Isaac , @Yosiah , @KirbyRobot , and @jhb8426 . It was fun to see your comments and try to figure out this lil guy. The red profile pic of the original YYF One looks spot on. Hella appreciate your help.
Thanks again
Ef.

Hey folks, here’s another one I need some help with. Any info on this is much appreciated.
Thanks in advance
Happy Holidays
Ef.

3 Likes

I think that’s the g2 x r/throwers yoyo.

5 Likes

Hey, right on bud :call_me_hand:, appreciate the response. Looks like you’re on the money :raised_hands:.

1 Like

Hey folks, hope your new year is off to a proper start. Heres another throw i need help identifying. Any info is much appreciated.
Thank you in advance.
Ef.

3 Likes

It looks like a Mythril mono-metal. Not sure about the model :thinking:

Maybe a Zeppelin

https://www.instagram.com/p/BfdFiyMnA1Y/?igshid=NDdhMjNiZDg=

2 Likes