What is the worst yoyo you have?

(I have a fixed axle lee valley yoyo)

Rain City Skills Dumpster Fire.

10 Likes

(This user has been censored by forum moderators)

6 Likes

YYF Counter Punch and/or the Shutter 5A. Both came from YoyoExpert winter mystery boxes ironically.

Obviously there are far worse yoyos than this; but the Duncan Mayhem was my most disappointing yoyo as it was my first “premium throw” a decade ago and it had bad spin times, unreliable response, and a fairly bad grinding surface. I think I paid something like $80 for it back then, and I just switched back to my pile of $30 yoyos that played much better.

Edit: My actual worst yoyo just got thrown away as it has a comically thin string and weighed a gram or something xD A random gift-bag yoyo for some promotion I guess

1 Like

Came here to say this.
But boy is it well manufactured.

2 Likes

Did we really need to have this thread again? Aside from yoyos made by non-yoyo companies and things made to intentionally be bad, this is just going to be a repeat of the “What yoyos do you dislike?” thread.

Expecting to see a whole lot of YYF and Duncan, even though all things considered it’s pretty amazing how far yoyos have come if something as good as a Shutter can be viewed as your worst yoyo.

13 Likes

Forreal man. Anyone interested in knowing what people’s worst yoyo is can search for one of the MANY threads already posted on the topic. And if they were smart they’d realize all these threads just end in a lock. :man_shrugging:

6 Likes

(This user has been censored by forum moderators)

10 Likes

The worst non novelty yoyos I have would be Yomega Exodus II, Duncan Ballistics from Ollies bargain outlet that only have weak starbursts and won’t wind up tightly, and lastly pretty much any fixed axle duncan yoyo with a few years on it. They REALLY should have used stainless steel axles.

2 Likes

Some dollar store fixie that is actually my daughter’s. Well, she actually has two of them (I bought neither of them FWIW). One actually came with the string glued to the axle rather than looped around it…

There you go. No point bagging on proper yoyo companies now. You know, the ones who make far many more excellent throws than they do bad ones.

3 Likes

Exodus II was one of the first 10 yoyos I bought in 2015. I just ordered stuff that looks cool. I don’t know what the idea behind it was. I was going through a box of unused old yoyos and picked it up and threw it a few times. It’s pretty big and heavy and responsive. I won’t say it’s bad it’s just that I do not understand the design.

1 Like

My worst was a cheap transaxle I got from Dave & Busters, until it tragically collided with my Komodo mid-air when my daughter was swinging it around one day. RIP :skull_and_crossbones:

2 Likes

I have the first exodus. If I remember correctly, that one was supposed to be off string. Is the other one supposed to be off string?

Such a positive environment around here lately.

7 Likes

This thread will be locked within a week. I don’t own a worst yoyo.

2 Likes

My “worst” performing yoyo is this massive wooden fixie I bought in a Mexican market last time I went. Here it is next to a raider for scale

It can barely sleep for more than 4 seconds and is pretty scary to loop with. But it has a charm to it.

6 Likes