What is the max # of likes per day?

I will be off work and at home for at least 2 wks and just switched to an unlimited data plan so I plan to be on the forum A LOT and I want to be able to like whatever I like and not ration likes. A few likes ago a message flashed on my screen that I am almost out of likes for the day… @codinghorror

11 Likes

What. Why would that even be a thing. A limit on niceness. Lol.

8 Likes

I think its 50. I dont know though. I thought it was 50 until you earned a certain badge.

5 Likes

Okay, apologies in advance if you have the 51st post / reply I want to like. I like acknowledging what people take the time to post.

7 Likes

Lol. Sometimes I forget to hit that like button. And i feel like if i forget during certain circumstances, forum members might consider it a passive disagreement or something. It is deffinitely more wholseome than having a downvote option. I think thats the idea. Idk.

4 Likes

Grumpy old men don’t worry about running out of likes. :stuck_out_tongue:

7 Likes

It’s not up to me, it is up to @AndreBoulay and @YoYoExpertGarrett but I completely feel you. The world could use more :heart: right about now. There is a site setting for this.

7 Likes

I just read that limit…

And I don’t like it.

8 Likes

Nice! Increased from 100 likes per day to 1,000. :wink: :heart:

17 Likes
6 Likes

If you put a like on everything you read, do likes mean anything?

9 Likes

I thinks it’s more of an acknowledgement or “good job on your post or thanks for taking the time to create it or reply, I agree with you.” I don’t click on the heart when an arguement gets started or it’s something I have zero interest in or know nothing about. Just my thoughts.

5 Likes

I feel you on that tho. Ive seen some guys who like every single thing they can. Sometimes I ask myself if they even read what they just approved. I think I was pretty stingy at first on using the like button but I think ive been getting better

4 Likes

The heart, really, that symbolizes LOVE. Just thought of that. Maybe a thumbs up is better.

4 Likes

Why not?
I see some of these likes as simply a “thank you for sharing” moment, but not in a sarcastic sense.

3 Likes

I can’t even imagine reading 100 posts a day, let alone “likeing” all of them. :upside_down_face:

6 Likes

Me either. That sounds like a week. There’s NO WAY I bestowed almost 100 likes by mid-morning today. But…doesn’t even matter. It’s the internet. It’s not real.

5 Likes

Well, technically love isn’t real either, but… we still love it, right?! :hugs:

7 Likes

You okay bro? Need a hug?

5 Likes

Out of Love and Higher Love just got a lot harder to earn lol. I like it. Gotta get after them :heart::heart::heart:

4 Likes