What is normal for a Loop720

I understand all the posts about messing with the setup, but I feel like they’re a bit harsh.

Anyway, I would also suggest that you keep the setup on the Loop 720s stock. I’m not very sure where you got the idea to use the Sunrise’s spacers and bearings in the Loop 720s, but I wouldn’t recommend it, especially for a beginner. Some of the pros in 2A just use stock Loop 720s so your Loop 720s are definitely normal. Maybe you might have been confused about the different types of spacers that come in the Loop 720s and thought the blue spacers for the Loop 720s were the ones in the Sunrise kit (they are not the same at all, you can only really get the blue spacers for the Loop 720s from YoYoFactory).

Below is the link to the blue spacers that you want (they are sold out, so you can get the purple spacers to achieve a similar effect instead):

Back to your main issue of the Loop 720s not sleeping, it has to do with your technique when throwing the yoyo down. You cannot simply just use the 1A technique of throwing a sleeper and expect the yoyo to sleep, as the gap of the yoyo is very tiny. I go into detail on how to throw a sleeper on a 2A yoyo here: