What if there was a online yoyo club?

what if there was a online yoyo club?

yoyoers meeting and talking about yoyos and yoyoing. it would be fun. what are your thoughts about this?

so even the yoyoers around the world can evolve including me:)
if there already is one lemme know:)

I agree nothing beats a in person club or meet but there are plenty yoyoers living in countries where there arent yoyo clubs or competitions…

We need more more and more feedbacks!!

3 Likes

We’re in it right now baby :sunglasses::sunglasses::sunglasses:

12 Likes

you mean forums?

1 Like

That’s a great idea. That’s one of the best ideas I’ve ever heard. That’s one of the most original ideas anybody’s ever thought of.

You inspired me to have a great idea too.

I’ve already thought of a name for our club.

It will have members from all over the civilized world.

We will be as far away as the ends of the Earth. And as close as the Internet, almost like we were in the same room… Kinda, almost like kind of almost Kinda/infinity.

Let’s call it YoYoExpert. And we even have a natural born leader. Andre Boulay.

I’m all amped up. We’re all in. We are the crew.

Let’s start today.

PS… I should’ve known you were a genius when I saw that your first name was Mo.

We already have a few thousand members and they don’t even know it yet.

I’m telling you, our club is on fire>

6 Likes

I think he also intend something where to show tricks instant in call and similar, other then the forum there are so many Discords where they also do calls in real life and for tricks also instagram is very active!

4 Likes

Part of the attraction of a club is getting to physically interact with others, trying out each others yoyos, there can be multiple conversations taking place at any time etc. I dont really see how ot would work.

Things like this forum,discord,reddit etc I guess are kind of an online club.

2 Likes

@docpop has a monthly online virtual club that he hosts via his patreon, ive attended twice and is very cool. There are others who host regularly live videos online on IG that you can join and yoyo live with people…
I’ll say I’ve been to the NYYYC a few times and one contest, nothing beats the love in person experience. If you can reasonably get to a club or contest is going to be worth your effort

8 Likes

The difficulty of online vs in person club really gets to the heart of why an in person club is so special. There is a level of interaction and clarity of communication in person that you just can’t get on the net. There’s nothing like the click that happens when someone can show you a move or point out string segments in person.

Limitations in video quality and type of interaction will always significantly limit the learning experience for a group online. That being said I have attended Doc Pops video Yoyo club and that’s about as good as you will find. You may need to be a Patreon of his to participate - totally worth it at a mere $2 per month.

7 Likes

Thanks, I Appreciate it Man! We need more feedbacks on this so we can seriously think about this.
Thanks for everyone’s feedbacks til now
ps: btw Nice Photography [quote=“yoyodoc, post:4, topic:381168, full:true”]

1 Like

In the post Covid world we have tons of businesses that have went to having people work from home, and having zoom meetings. Everyone is in camera with a mic. A topic is brought up, and if there are a lot of people in the room, people raise their hand and the moderator goes person to person.

People could pay dues, dues can be used to by a yoyo, and there could be a contest if aorta on the spot where the “best trick” wins the yoyo. Doesn’t have to be that, doesn’t have to have dues.

It could be a BST, realtime. Everyone brings their throws and you go person by person.

I’ve got an End 2, what will you give. Anyone interested offers, and the person takes the best offer. Yes, we do this to an extent in the boards, but the boards are much more selling related nowadays. Trading plummeted when yoyonation died.

I like your idea, I’d join your club.

2 Likes

it exists, its called discord

The OP yoyo discord does pseudo-meetups every two weeks where we just yoyo and chill.

3 Likes

Thanks Everyone For The Responses!

1 Like

When I hear someone suggest an online yoyo club inside of a yoyo-focused forum, I think it’s pretty clear that person envisions something in addition to what we all already know we have access to in a forum. I’ve never seen anyone suggest a club that only communicated Asynchronously. This forum comes pretty close to instant messaging, and we can obviously embed videos, but a Video Chat session is leaps and bounds better than typing out messages and embedding videos. This forum is a great way to create a record of helpful tips and tutorial/inspiration videos and photography. But since I don’t live near a bunch of other Yoyoists, and the few (maybe feeble) attempts I’ve made to gather a few people to Memphis have fallen through, I’d rather join a video meet-up than never have a conversation with another yoyoist ever.

A virtual-video meetup has shortcomings, but it’s better than nothing. Jitsi seems like a pretty good free, browser-based video chat platform. There are probably others. I’d join in when I could if it was available.

Does discord do video chat? It would be pretty cool to have different “rooms” and different hosts (or just people) working on different things to make group sizes a little smaller, and then people could have different conversations at the same time. Wouldn’t want there to be too many different rooms, but I feel like a few would work pretty well.

1 Like

yes exactly, my whole point of the online yoyo club is that its better than nothing. I know nothing beats a in person meetup or yoyo contest but many people will have to travel for it and some people may even have to fly out for it.

looking back to this topic after becoming a little more mature. I don’t understand if this was sarcasm or a compliment… :joy:

G2 already runs one, meets every other week at 9pm est, mostly on Wednesday evenings. Info is in the G2 discord =]

2 Likes

Where’s my YYBC account when I need it…

3 Likes