What Hooks Are These?

I think I’m landing a version of 2.0 and 3.0 Hooks but I don’t know what these are. It’s basically 2.0 and 3.0 but I’m just lacerating around the NTH into an H hook. The index of my TH isn’t wrapped up. Unrolls the right amount of times into that undermount trapeze that regular hidemasa hooks end in.

2.0?

3.0?(goofed up the unroll a tiny bit but still)

3 Likes

double (hidemasa) hook and triple (hidemasa) hook

2 Likes

I learnt those randomly the other day after I seen them on a instagram video, as Mable said are double and triple hidesama hook, I think it will be cool to put them in a combo as an end or even as a element and use the loops of string to keep the combo going just by themselves I do not if they look cool as the string it reaaaaaally goes fast!

1 Like

Yeah they don’t look that cool but they feel good to land! Hah! I’m trying to get the higher hooks bc if you google what is the hardest Yoyo trick that’s what comes up thanks to Brandon vu. I think I now understand what I need to do better to get the real higher hooks I just need to try it more and they’re boring to try for more than like 10 mins a day

Those are called “Iwasawa Hooks”! The version where there is more than the double loop is called “Neo Iwasawa Hook”. These were created by Ryosuke Iwasawa in 2006 :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Ooo awesome thank you! I saw their laceration tower before and think Im ready to try to learn i! I like knowing trick creators bc then I can see their other tricks so thank you :bowing_man: