What "fun" yoyo should I get

So I’ve been on a burnout for the past few days, and am looking for something to cool myself down. Something fun, comfortable, and beautiful. Anything that’s not competition oriented. You guys got any recommendations? Thanks!

3 Likes

Weekender.

6 Likes

Out of Hand Burner is a nice pocketable semi-responsive.

You could try to find a mini yo-yo like the YYF Heist, Rain City Skills Loony etc or find yo-yos with weird proportions like the One Drop 1-to-1.

2 Likes

Thesis serenade

3 Likes

I think a fun yoyo is a personal preference thing, but whenever I want to throw casually and not worry about perfection, I like to throw plastic unresponsives like the Wedge or replay pro. It definitely takes me back to my early days of yoyoing as my first yoyo was plastic. I have “fun” metal yoyos but it is usually because they have shapes I don’t like and do not use them for freestyle training.

2 Likes

something that’s supposed to be ‘fun’ but doesn’t fit my bill is the qubit. it’s wide, nontraditional and unique, has been described as fun many times, and has a solid fan base.

the canary is also a very ‘fun’ yoyo. d-bearing (non-traditional and unique in this day and age), described as a ‘modern organic’, can be a little tough to come by, but priced reasonably… just like the qubit…

2 Likes

Wait for the 50-50 :wink:

Also the puff adder is super super fun to chill and throw around.

If you want something challenging that you can buy on yye, the butterfly AL is where its at.

3 Likes

yeah, my only concern with the 50/50 @hobbygod … it’s one of the yoyos that’s had zero hype… that i feels is going to be one of those ones is going to scream out the gate and sell tfo… i feel like the cloudberry that @rnsy is surprising us with too…

the 50/50 and the cloudberry are 2 of the 3 NEW yoyos i am most excited to hear about in 2020… number 3 has been pushed off so long i’m clawing my face off

3 Likes

Info has been slow because machining has been slow. Its funny, I was actually just talking to Reuben about it today.

Whats the third one, out of curiosity?

2 Likes

i would have said it if i could, lol… there are hints out there though if you know where to look for them… and i’m not the only forum member that knows… teeheehee…

there are at least 2 that can tag in

Pop Art if dabbling in modern responsive or 5A is your jam.

2 Likes

Go buy a new FHZ and have a go with that. Not really expensive and can do the moves. Comes with a konkave also…

2 Likes

The Freehand NextGen is really dope, especially for the price, plus comes w/ an extra flat bearing. Great value imo.

2 Likes