For the past week or so I’ve been learning some freestyles like :
me doing Hunter Feuerstein’s world yoyo contest 2023 final! - YouTube

Me Doing Connor Seals World Yoyo Contest Semifinal! - YouTube

Me Doing Jakub Dolejs’s World Yoyo Contest 2023 Semifinal! - YouTube

Me Doing Ryo Igarashi’s World Yoyo Contest Prelim! - YouTube

Me Doing Remy Baskin’s World Yoyo Contest 2023 Semifinal! - YouTube

Me doing Evan Nagao’s WYYC2023 semifinal

Me doing Blaise Becker’s WYYC2023 semifinal

and I am trying to decide what freestyle to do next. So here is the question I am asking you: what freestyle should I recreate next?

7 Likes

Option 1 Mir Kim’s freestyle from 2023 worlds.
Option 2 (more realistic option) Lucas Decker 2022 Semi Final

4 Likes

Edit:your recreated freestyles are super sick also nice work! Let us see the next one you decide to learn!

2 Likes

I am slowly working on learning Mir Kim’s tricks but there just so hard!

1 Like

Jonathan Robinson’s Nationals freestyle.

Ill keep you updated!

If you want to gain views/subs, I suggest doing mrmatio style “tutorials” for some of these modern tricks from recent freestyles.

Mrmatio was an amazing source for comp trick breakdowns and still is for intermediate-advanced players but aren’t a great source for modern high level competition tricks anymore and nobody else is really doing that type of thing that I’m aware of rn.

2 Likes

Ok! Thanks for the advice

I’m not as good a yo-yoer as you are, but I picked up a freestyle that I think I could do based on your skill level. Sorry for my bad English.

3 Likes

Ok! Thanks these are some great freestyles.

1 Like

We have selected some more.
If I find any new ones, I will add them to this page.

1 Like

ok. thanks!

1 Like

Here is an update everyone! I added 3 new Freestyles!

1 Like

Very good! Horizontals are so great!

Thank you!

1 Like

It may be presumptuous of me to give you advice, but I think you should use a wider yo-yo
I recommend the vanitas from c3yoyodesign.
Yo-yos have a trapeze effective width. The yo-yo with a large rounded edge has a narrower effective trapeze width.
The width is almost the same, but the effective trapeze width is quite different.
Width Trapeze Width
vanitas 50.43mm 48mm
spotlite 49.47 43
As you can see, Spotlight Ultra has a narrower effective trapeze width than its width. The wider the effective trapeze width, the easier it is to perform dynamic tricks!
Moreover, Vanitas is a bimetal yo-yo, so it has a lot of spinning power. But it is a little expensive, so you might want to save up your allowance or get one for Christmas.
I am rooting for you. Keep up the good work!
The black line is roughly the trapeze effective width. I would be happy if it is helpful.

ok thanks!

1 Like

Here is a update for you guys! I added 2 new freestyles. Evan Nagao’s WYYC semi and Blaise Becker’s WYYC semi!

1 Like

Imma still try to learn your ante prelim but yo, it’s super hard! Hah! One day though!

1 Like