What finish is best for grinds?

Title says it all (I hope).
Also, what finishes are bad for grinds?

In my experience, a good bead-blast is the best. Some people like soda blast and it’s hard to argue against soda either… but my longest-grinding yoyos have always had bead blast.

Probably that special polymer coating on select editions of Luftverk yoyos would be better (haven’t tried) and the Teflon Grind King (3yo3) would probably beat it as well. :wink:

But from the typically-available finishes, bead blast.

The worst? Anything… not… blasted! Notably, polished raw aluminum doesn’t grind so good.

i don`t know what it really is or how it is made, but the ILYY candyblast finish, grinds like a beast.

my roa2 with candyblast titanium colour finish beats any matte finish like the Horizon finish by far.

still the finish from the horizon is pretty decent and overall all glossy finish grind worse.

Whatever OD used on the gradient. That thing grinds quite literally forever.

Polished metal sometimes still allow for an ok grind, however, shiny abs/polycarb plastic is never good.

See, the Gradient is pyramatte. And I agree that the Gradient grinds (finger grinds) forever. But not as forever as (for example) the TooHOT. You can take a killer-grinding yoyo like the Gradient and give it a bead blast instead of pyramatte and it would blow your mind. :smiley:

My gen yo Prestige. Not sure of the finish exactly because I think there were two, depending on color, but whatever was on the blue mist.
Was the players edition Dang pyramatte? It seems to grind way better than other ODs.