What do you think of the new Iceberg

I’ve been throwing the new Iceberg for around 1 month now. I don’t have any bimetals so how do you think that the Icebergs (new or classic) compares to actual bimetal yoyos ?

2 Likes

Is it noisy like the OG iceberg? I assume yes…

yeah it came a little bit noisy but then I tuned and changed the bearing and now it’s fine

I have the OG iCEBERG. I actually don’t like it and I don’t think they are worth the money. Bi-metal yoyos vary in noise. The main reason why I don’t like the iCEBERG is consistency. It’s always snagging up and feels like a plastic brick at the end of a string. If you want a bimetal, just get it. Try to get one that doesn’t snag though. I would go for an Evan yoyo or a modern one. The newer ones play better in my opinion. The Alta is good but rare. I don’t like hybrids or plastics much, because I’m a super tough reviewer and I expect power stability and speed when I get a yoyo.

2 Likes

Apart from the noise due to it being a hybrid I think both versions of the iCEBERG are really good throws. My OG iCEBERG came with a messed up bearing which made it play semi responsive, changed the bearing and now plays how it should.
It’s glass smooth which is one thing I really do love about the iCEBERG and It plays better than some bi-metals IMO.

2 Likes

I personally like the weight of the iceberg . I would even say that it has spin time and stability that exceeds many bi metals out there .

It’s weird though because I thought the binds were very slippy . It’s so rim weighted that it felt like you really had try hard to get a nice tight bind .

6 Likes

I think the iceberg is an amazing yoyo. Glass smooth and super powerful. I got the v2 and I love it just as much as my mowl surveillance

5 Likes

Hey Dan I think I saw you replied to my other forum. Looking for a v2 iceberg. But I couldn’t reply to that. Not sure if I deleted that by accident. I would love to talk details on your iceberg