What do you guys use to edit your videos?

I am going to assume that this goes into the videos section, because it is video related. I was wondering what video editing software you guys use? Also, as a side question, how do a lot of you mount the camera for over the shoulder shots, just a special helmet? I have a Kodak Playsport Zx5 that I use when making videos, thanks.

Corel VideoStudio X5. Not saying it’s great or that I love it… just that it’s what I use. :wink:

No over-the-shoulder shots for me yet. Have to figure out how to rig my phone or point-and-click for that… I can’t imagine risking my DSLR for that kind of shot unless it was up on a tripod.

Hmm… up on a tripod…

Sony Vegas Pro 10 to edit my videos. It’s great. You just have to learn how to use it. :stuck_out_tongue:

As for over the shoulder shots, I haven’t done any. But gopro cameras have a head strap great for first person point of view shots.

Adobe Premiere Pro

I use Final Cut Pro X for all of my recent video productions.

So far I’ve only used Windows Movie Maker, which is decent, but doesn’t have a lot of features. Also, it tries to auto-correct the lighting and it just ends up making it worst. I’m looking for a software that will allow me to do highspeed, because my video camera supports 720p@60fps. Also, I’m hoping to make the video quality a bit better when I film indoors, which is most of the time. I’ll have to look into the quality on the new go-pro’s compared to my Kodak Zx5.

Splice iMovie classicam super 8 camera and 8mm camera. All are apps :slight_smile:

Adobe Premiere (elements). Gets the job done just great! :wink:

Sony Vegas over here

I’ll have to download some trial versions and see which ones I like better. It seems that Sony Vegas is popular and so is Adobe Premier, so I’ll try both of those out and see which one I like better. Thanks!

I use Windows Movie Maker now, but my brother recently got Photoshop, so I’m hoping to be able to test that out.

iMovie

are sony vegas and adobe premier available for free?

Nope. They are two of the most expensive applications you can get for editing video.