what do u think is the best yoyo

hey i new at yoyoing and i want to get a realy good yoyo in the range of FREE to $60.00 so what do u recommend what u think would be a good yoyo. :wink:

We need more info like what youā€™re trying to do like string tricks,looping,offstring, or free hand. Also what your preference is if you have one yet. Also for future questions put them in the ā€œLooking for help/Recommendationsā€ section. I and many others are glad to help we just need more to go on.

sorry about being in the wrong section. i am going to do string tricks, and i have two yoyos the yomaga xodus II and the yomega power brain XP and i am useing cotten strings. thanks

What do you like or dislike about those two yoyos? As for string tricks I would recommend you pick up some 100% polyester strings, they are a lot better in my opinion than cotton strings for string tricks.

well what are your preferences?

well 2 resons i dont like the brain 1 is some times when it returns it comes up FAST and it HURTS!!! 2 is now that i have used the brain i am not as good whith out it. the xodus II but some times i like to walk the dog or do the ckreper but whith the xodus II i cant do those tricks whith out it bonceing out of control. thanks for sugesting those different strings.

i want a yoo that will last long and not brake :-\

hey r metal yoyos beter then plastic

Hmmm, maybe you could use the Modify button moreā€¦ :wink:

As to your questions:
Metal yoyos ARE not necessarily better than plastic. They do cost more. You can get some fine playing plastic yoyos in the $20-$40 price range.

Yoyos last quite long if you treat them well, just like any other mechanical device.

The Brain comes back fast because of the clutch system. The xodus is the better yoyo of the two to learn on.

Iā€™d recommend getting a yyf velocity

I recommend getting a Lyn Fury, its great for 1A and 5A and also a great beginner yo-yo plus its very affordable. Or get a Dark Magic 2 its also a great beginners yo-yo because it comes with both thin and speed bearing for playing responsive and unresponsive play but it does cost more.

If you want a yoyo that will last you for a long time also think about the dm2

Any $20 YYJ yoyo will do pretty well. Other than the sunsetā€¦ I think itā€™s obvious.

But still, Iā€™d recommend kickside, journey, lyn fury, legacyā€¦ velocityā€¦ those are all real good ones. You canā€™t go wrong.

I have used the journey and I think it might make people think throwing is harder than it seems. DM is a great first throw. I went from a butterfly to a YoYo Jam DM.

ok i need to explain one thing.

since you are new, you have never learned how to play unresponsive. for more information on that, look it up in the learn section. it is good to stay responsive for a while, but you need something that can be both responsive and unresponsive if you want to learn on it.

the best yoyo for that is probably the velocity. it can adjust to be responsive for when you are learning, or it can be adjusted to be unresponsive for super advanced players. Jensen (world champion) did a video of him using the velocity. this yoyo will last you ages.

i would also like to say that the dark magic 2 will last long because it comes with 2 bearings. one is made for responsive play, and the other for unresponsive play. it will last probably longer than the velocity, but is a little more expensive, and i personally like the velocity more.

Why do you say that? I have a few of them and they are no harder to play than any other yoyo. They will do any trick from the most basic to whatever you can throw at it.

Duncan (pronounced doong-kang) Butterfry is the best yoyo.
:stuck_out_tongue:

Agreed jhb8426. The Journey isnā€™t my favorite YYJ plastic, but thereā€™s no trick I know that I canā€™t do on a Journey - Iā€™ve found it to be an absolutely terrific yoyo.

velocity ftw. i luv mine

vivo, the subject may seem like a noob is just asking what is the very best yoyo evah, but the guy meant for him as a beginner. it is obvious that the butterfly is not the best choice, and that response is reserved for people who really are asking what yoyo is best ever.