What do I have to make you to get my hands on your Raytracer

I really want a Yoyofriends Raytracer.

I can’t afford one, so what do I need to make you to trade you for it?

I can make something for you from white or black acetal, or also an engineering grade of polyester called Ertalyte TX.

6 Likes

I’ll trade you mine for a fancy handmade wooden yo-yo that is beautifully lacquer hardcoated on the outside, but raw on the inside where the string would catch :wink:

9 Likes

:disappointed: But is it orange?

2 Likes

Deal made with @threebearrries!!

Thanks, mate!!

5 Likes

what’s the deal with not wanting to make codings? I saw in another thread that you didn’t want to, just curious. Idk jack about woodworking or making yoyos

Lacquer coating (ala the coated 3-in-1s) is too difficult.

2 Likes

Hmm🤔 The more ya know I guess🤷‍♂️

Too difficult for me.

For everybody else, perfectly achievable.

1 Like

I actually agree that you’re better off long term with POM’s brother, Acetal. Wood is just kinda … unreliable.

Still, I pour one out for my nonexistent lacquered outside, raw inside, wood yo-yo. :beer:

4 Likes

It sucks, because I can do other much harder things.

… nobody? Must I do everything?

*Sigh

That’s what she said

3 Likes

I don’t get it, but I’m sure it was funny! Lol

3 Likes

The No Jive in my avatar is actually that. I just have it set up in reverse.

2 Likes

Just silly banter from The Office

2 Likes

I believe this too. It’s rare to see a hand turned acetal yoyo and they perform way better than wood yoyos.

2 Likes

Yeah Delrin / POM is quite good, only a small step below metal in my book! And a nice hand feel as well.

I’ve been wondering about this and the hardness of different plastic throws.

I like plastic when practicing binds because it hurts less.

But some are harder than others. Like, I really like the Premiere because the plastic feels softer than like the Addiction, the plastic in that is almost as hard as a metal one. The replay Pro is different than those but it also feels softer than like the Big Dipper