What did you get in the mail today? 2021

Zipline

19 Likes

My Bloodsport Daredevil arrived Monday - I love the thing. The only thing I’ve thrown all week so far.

2 Likes

I’m gonna grab some Zipline for the first time after using bulk forever. What would you recommend as an all around good string from them that gets the job done?

3 Likes

I prefer nylon/poly blends. The ones I use the most are EP.20/20. One of my favorites though is the prestige G2Nate signature string. Very soft. Last forever and holds whips/slacks tricks open really well. There are still some deals going on now if you just want to get some to see what works for you. Good luck.

5 Likes

I just got some too it’s my first time using zipline so I chose the performance blend and so far it feels like it was the right choice for me. I don’t like thick strings or extremely soft strings and these feel similar to something like kitty but wound a bit tighter, they have a nice feel to them. I’m definitely going to have to stock up on them. Kind of dig it!

14 Likes

Double FTY Mailday! Snot rocket 138 and a blasted Project Ti!

They both play great. 138 will be an around-towner for sure. So comfy and smøl. Ti is also phenomenal and more than just a Ti version of the Y. Most more stable and spins a lot longer. Blast feels awesome and is wonderful on the few grinds I can do.

Here’s a FTY family photo.
:arrow_backward: to :arrow_forward:
PV44, 138, Fallen44 Sixth Sense, Project Ti, Project Y

30 Likes

G2 Respawn Lite

This fade is perfect, matches the sunburn on my forehead! And more importantly, got a new air freshener along with it :sunglasses:

23 Likes

This came in the mail today. It is so nice.

I was able to get one of the MechaBapezilla Viszilla Cracked hard coat release it is beautiful piece functional engineering art.

43 Likes

Finally hit.

25 Likes

Wait didn’t they drop last night lol? That’s some quick shipping! Sold out instantly it seemed, when the page loaded for me they were already out of stock.

6 Likes

Great! Reminds me of a style of Urushi and the Fractal doc.

Ernest did some urushi pens years ago for Edison. His YT video’s on the process was neat but I couldn’t find them just now? A drop of solvent into the lacquer floating on water caused the crackle and then applied like a hydro dip layer that stayed tacky to hold the gold powder. I guess it would work as a resist too!

3 Likes

Those all got nabbed in pre-order in the first couple hours it was open. Only 3 OGs in last night’s drop.

4 Likes

OOOOOO dat vinyl tho! :hot_pepper:

3 Likes

:neutral_face: another pre-order I missed. I thought if these would be available for pre-order that I’d get an email, or that there wouldn’t even be a pre-order given the limited nature of the drop. I know these are just toys so it’s dumb to be even slightly salty but why announce a drop publicly, say it’s limited, then sell them to a select group of people you choose to notify before the drop even happens it was a shadow drop which is… idk, more fair but still frustrating, why even announce a public drop then.

7 Likes

LOL (well maybe not really OL)… I’ve been trying to figure out how to get G2 and RSO directly from their sites for a year and have never been able to. The recent “The End” release went faster than I could type and from what they’d said, there were decent numbers. On the g2 side, I’m subscribed, following their socials, and even patreoned for a couple of months, but still never saw anything but out of stock on their site every time I looked. I’ve never seen a post or anything from him saying “these will go up at this date or time.” Luckily I’ve been able to get one from him by messaging and a couple off the bst. I’d rather work on my yo-yo trick skills than my yo-yo buying skills.

8 Likes

Follow @g2_drops on IG for store drops and turn on notifications for it, and make sure you like each post from the account to train the algorithm to show them to you. Instant drops happen for G2 but most are announced ahead of time and happen when scheduled. He’ll also reserve some and do a lottery style drop for them for Patreon sometimes, and for even higher demand drops he’ll drop them all lottery style; he did this for the Reverse Rainbow Road life and the Greyscale Swirl life IIRC.

Also Jake removes most things from there after they sell out which is why you only see “sold out” things in the aftermath.

4 Likes

4 Likes

Forgot to post, this arrived last Friday. Beautiful yoyo and ridiculously smooth. The colour is gorgeous. I was really happy that I was able to snag one as I’ve been supporting Doc’s Patreon for years but had yet to take advantage of the perks.

I have to agree, the finish is way chalkier than I expected it to be. I thought it would be more like my CYLW Kayak, which is very matte but silky. My ideal finish is OD pyramatte, so it’s still taking some getting used to. I’m interested to see how it ages over time.

Overall, the yoyo is very fun! Has a lots of power for a little guy and has a nice dense presence on the string without feeling heavy.

33 Likes

Today I got my Doc Pop edition of the G2 Respawn Lite! Pretty stoked to have amazing examples of modern responsive yoyos in A, C, and D bearing sizes. I’m not sure why but I didn’t have very high expectations for this after the Day Tripper, but the Respawn Lite is a really sick yoyo, plays very different to my other responsive throws in a pretty major way. I did have to add grease to this one to get it to be as responsive as I like due to the wider gap, but the big pads make for nice reliably consistent binds. The Respawn feels like it wants to play faster than my other responsive throws which is a nice change of pace.

20 Likes

People just can’t seem to get the rose gold colour right. I haven’t seen any yoyo that comes in “rose gold” being truly rose gold. It’s either always too much rose or too much gold.

I wish he left them up for archive purposes like Zipline does. It’s so frustrating to search for the specs of G2 yoyos. He also doesn’t update the yoyo page on the site so all the yoyos there are pretty old yoyos, not even the 2018 releases are on that page.

3 Likes