What did you get in the mail today? 2021

Its a super fun, wide organic with a super subtle little response bump. been light, floaty and fast so far. pretty stoked on it tbh

1 Like

Are you going to learn 3A with the K-Stars?

2 Likes

I bought two of them in the event that I decide to delve into 3A, yes. They are really stable and long-spinning, and for $70 for the pair, they are hard to beat.

3 Likes

3a might be a little challenging with them because they look kind of wide. @zslane

2 Likes

Yeah, you may be right about that.

1 Like

New leather apron!

22 Likes

No minty smells on these (420L and Furn in case it’s not obvious to you), just notes of cardboard box. Wish I had time to string and play them! Hopefully tonight.

29 Likes

IQ came in today! Really liking it so far - it’s super comfortable and doesn’t have that typical angular bimetal hand discomfort/catch feel due to the nice roundness. It’s impressively mega stable - it’ll stay on the same plane for days, likely cause of those thicc SS rings. It plays just a hair lighter than I was expecting, after reading the initial reviews, but still wish it was a gram or two lighter (I prefer lighter throws these days). You can tell it’s somewhat a culmination of everything YYF has made up to this point. It’s catch zone gives me Genesis vibes, rounded edges call back to the 888, and the contest ready play is reminiscent of the Butter. I’m really drawn to how it feels and probably won’t be putting it down for awhile. Snag one!

27 Likes

Im with you on the weight. Ever since i tried a RCS Author i was immediately converted, now i find myself only really interested in throws under 63 grams

4 Likes

Mine does not smell of spearmint but I got this “special” sticker on the packing. Does it mean anything? Anyone else have the same? The 420 was wrapped in paper and not the “packaging”. Weird?

18 Likes

Mine has the special sticker as well.

6 Likes

Thanks @yoyojoe

I’ve had quite the good week!!

15 Likes

Yeah, mine had that sticker too (and I wondered if it meant something).

2 Likes

Never give up…Encourage others…Do your best

23 Likes

Got this Norwegian weirdo today :rofl:

Out of hand - Metric (7075 proto)

27 Likes

Got a GWAY Daredevil in bloodsport. I now realize the name and positioning of the red is very fitting because the spikes are so sharp, I love it though. First D bearing and this checks all the other boxes for me so I’m really enjoying it so far.

22 Likes

I had one of those!

It’s a rebranded Renegade, right?

3 Likes

I think so. It’s fun. Thought it’d make a good give away yoyo.

5 Likes

Hmmmm, going to spend the next few days throwing this around. I’m happy with it so far, but one would expect “rose gold” to be equal parts gold as “rose” it’s not, but that’s OK. I do like a good pink.

First impressions, not as smooth as I’d expect being shipped from Brandon. Granted he had many orders this time around… may be time to hire someone else to help with QC/tuning if the workload is making it too hard for his current operation.

Ive stopped trying to decide if I like a yoyo off the initial impression, takes me a few good days to learn how to best work with the quirks of a new throw and make it work the way “inteded.”

17 Likes

Yyr throws, unprld coglite proto and lovely clyw returntops

27 Likes