What did you get in the mail today? 2021

I have missed out on many drops in the past with both MFD and RSO and had to resort to email to Elvin via RSO and express my interest in some specific throws a while ago. I was pleased when I was contacted when each time one came up. I figured I was lucky and got a poke reminder email because I had bought all my RSO throws directly from the website and I believe I had subscribed or became a member to get early information on drops.
Was emailed about the drop over last weekend from RSO. I responded with interest in an email, in the response from RSO, I was informed about ability to pre order, I did pre order as soon as I received the link, then it arrived today. I hope this is an adequate explanation. I do not wish for any ill will.
I was under the impression this a forum was a place to share each other’s high lights in what ever aspect of the yo-yo game we enjoy. I am an average player that has gotten into and enjoys collecting because of this forum.
Thank you to those who introduced me to the forum and those that have traded or sold with me.

Feathers damn feathers

10 Likes

Totally agree, this is a common complaint/request, with the response usually that it’ll come with the website refresh which is promised Soon™️ I’ve copied specs down when I see them to try and archive them, but I don’t pay attention to every drop so I don’t have a complete set.

5 Likes

I think he’s working on this. He had @Pierre take a bunch of new photos to update his catalogue earlier this year if I recall correctly.

3 Likes

@Xanadu @Isaac

That’s great! I hope the website refresh comes sooner than later. Specs are really important.

2 Likes

This is pretty much my sentiment entirely. I’m very glad I got an End 2, and I’m expecting to love it and fully understand why RSO yoyos are so highly regarded. But I’m not a fan of how the drops I’ve seen from them have been done. Like you said it’s not a big deal since they’re just yoyos, it’s just a little disappointing since it doesn’t seem fair to the public (mostly just an issue since these releases are hyped up so much publicly). Life isn’t fair I get it, but that doesn’t mean you can’t be bummed out by it.

I can definitely respect Elvin for wanting to help people out who reach out to them, the same goes for people like Jake and Ray who I know have been really cool to people who email them after struggling with some drops. I guess there’s just a line at some point where it becomes disappointing if the public drop becomes tiny.

7 Likes

Hey that was some response, I appreciate your candor and sharing your personal trials and tribulations. I have had mine and brother they have nothing to do with Yo-Yos, everything to do with me. Help helps reach out to a local group about your thoughts, you seem a bit harsh on yourself no need for that. Unless you are a felon at large. Then go to the local police station. Haha that was a joke. Trying to be funny. I am not very good at that.
As far as yo-yos go
Hey I have been lucky a number of times but strike out so much more often. For you it may RSO and MFD. I was told a few years ago to reach out to manufactures and just correspond, let them know what you are looking for sometime they come up after you say something. I emailed MFD and had a 2evil made it took almost 1 year but I was willing to wait and was very pleased.
My throws that have been difficult for me to get have been Static Co, And Anti-Yo. I have been a Zero on Anti-Yo a few Sudo’s from Static Co. I believe things will get a lot better for you.

4 Likes

I’ve been disappointed by the Tiramisu 2 and the latest BPZ-SE drops. I wanted the “special” version of both of those and missed out. I know he can be contacted and I have done so in the past, but I try to avoid it. I don’t want to bother the creators.

I actually saw the preorder page for the MechaBape SE, but even then, the Viszilla colorway was out of stock. I ended up grabbing one of the OG versions at release. It’s still a shame that the best deals have to be done via DM. Live and learn I guess. If I see he has something I want, best to just message.

I feel the same way about MFD right now. They announce a drop, but release to “Zoo” members 30 minutes beforehand. I know the Zoo is free to join, but if everything is going to be bought early, why even announce it? Just release to Zoo members only, or drop the Zoo and do a wide-release at the proper time.

6 Likes

For MFD “zoo” members, MFD splits their stock in half for each release. So basically, MFD releases half their stock for the “zoo” members, and then the other half for public release, which results in “zoo” members having 2 chances at getting a yoyo they want. It is not as unfair as the RSO situation as the public release is still half the run of yoyos and not everything gets completely bought out by the “zoo” members. That said, MFD drops are always cutthroat and both drops usually sell out in seconds which can make it seem like the public release has very little yoyos on sale, but in reality, it’s half of MFD’s stock. A good example I can give would be the Omnibus 2017 drop. There were only 10 of the Omnibus boxes and 5 were released to zoo members 30 minutes beforehand, and then another 5 were up for public release at drop time. It is much fairer than the RSO situation.

There are, indeed, “zoo” members-only releases.

8 Likes

I’ve said it with sneakers and I’ll say it again with yo-yos, manufacturing for scarcity to create hype and FOMO is a great way for me to not want any of your products. I work in manufacturing and understand that not all shops are capable of outputting the quantities a company might need to sell product to every single consumer, but in this case the consumers are partially to blame.

Take for instance the YYE Panorama drop, had it not been for greedy collectors that wanted duplicates and multiples of colorways of the same yoyo, dozens of consumers would have had a chance at getting ONE of them. But thats the risk you create with a free market and scarcity, which brings us back to needing transparency with the seller.

So called honest companies that claim to limit product to one per person and then turn around and back door multiples to friends is bad business, and were the ones feeding it by supporting them with our wallets. So called honest collectors that purchase a yoyo, play it once, only to turn around and sell for a markup on the BST is bad business and once again, were feeding it.

Its good for everone to take an overarching look at a market you’re involved in. I believe the yoyo community was once rock solid, and can be again should we continue to keep these observations under a microscope and water the tree of a market we want to exist.

9 Likes

I also got a Mecha Viszilla yesterday. Here is my observation from the drop…

I first went on the RSO site last week after seeing someone post their Eetsit. On the site was the Mecha-Bapezilla at the top and I saw the drop date of December 1st. I was pumped and really wanted to try my hand at getting a Viszilla to go with my OG Viszilla. Early afternoon on Saturday I went back to the site just to make an account in the shop so I had the best shot of grabbing one. Scrolling through the shop out of curiosity I got to the bottom and saw the Mecha posted without the “Sold Out” tag. I opened it up and saw the OG, Viszilla and OG ano spots available ($100 cheaper had little spots in the blue, didn’t make it to the official drop). Initially, I thought it was a mistake perhaps they were getting it ready to go live. I went ahead and bought a Viszilla and it went through. Honestly, I was waiting for a refund and canceled order after that but ended up with a shipping notice the next day. I still didn’t believe it until I had the yoyo in my possession yesterday.

My theory was that it was some sort of pre-release sale for industry people or something along those lines. I just happened to stumble into the listing which was up before the Instagram announcement. The Viszilla and OG were up for quite a while and the OG ano spots was up for almost 24 hours before being sold out.

I also logged in for the official release and watched the sale. There were OGs and Viszillas available, Viszilla sold out at 7:01 and the OGs sold out at 7:03. The next day my Viszilla was delivered. I wasn’t going to post anything about it until next week because I had no clue what the deal was.

Mine is #9 and POspot’s is #10 so at least 2 Viszillas were sold before the official release.

14 Likes

A similar thing happened to me with the latest End Pt. 2. I was checking the “Return Tops” page so I could check for a release date. It was still password protected so out of curiosity I went to the store page and it was available. I was able to purchase one and I got number 28. It didn’t ship until after the official drop though.

1 Like

Why u hating outside the club? U can’t even get in :rofl:

3 Likes

Busy week. I posted the Basilisk D in that topic, but it came from YYE with these two beauts a day or two ago:

And yesterday this haul was on my desk when I got to work thanks to OD and @fatguysnacks247:

33 Likes

Lemme know what you think of the small bearing FH1. I picked one up after I fell in love with my C bearing FH1 but it’s not giving me the same vibes so far. It’s snaggy for me, but maybe it’s because the C bearing one is so perfect when it comes to binds, I’m not used to the similar shape with a smaller bearing.

4 Likes

Im new here, not aware of a “club” to be involved with. Just a CNC dude sharing his opinions of this hobby’s market and trends I’ve seen over the 12+ years I’ve been throwing.

3 Likes

Viszilla is in the swamp! I absolutely love the cracked coat on the Lunar Gravity…but this is it, the ultimate cracked coat! Another prime example of Round Spinning Objects excellence and splendor. Just…prime! #6 of 10 for those keeping track :grin::grin::grin:

I too got lucky, just noticed it on the site when I went to go lookup the updated specs for The End Pt. 2 Finale. Guess it was meant to be, like fate?

23 Likes

Glow discs!!!

19 Likes

Funny. I prefer the C bearing AL and was a little down on the “SBFH1” and thought about putting an unresponsive bearing in it. Then I remembered that good throwers designed it for a reason, so I put a different string on it and started just playing it like I was my Butterfly AL and decided it was a different sort of fun. Not in my top ten, and if you have a butterfly AL, I think I prefer that. It didn’t come with a counterweight btw (not that I’m ready to start that journey yet anyway). I could go on, but probably not with anything helpful.

Now that I’m thinking about it, the Butterfly AL and Sherpa and the SBFH1 are all throws that I think the Red Blood Cell will eclipse for me, so I will probably be selling or trading this at some point.

4 Likes

Ah, see I did put an unresponsive bearing in it before I even threw it. A konkave. And it’s still not as good as my FH1. Maybe I should use slightly thinner string and see if it gets better, because in theory I should love a nice small bearing snappy response, but I’m just finding my regular FH1 to be more snappy and less snaggy.

3 Likes

Take off the caps and grease up the bearing and see how you enjoy it. The freehands feel best when totally responsive to me. It feels like you can play them like a beefed up starburst transaxle yoyo, except now you’ve got killer spin times. Whipping around responsive regens and classic dismounts on the FH1AL feels so nice.

I’ve been so on the fence about getting an SB freehand but I think at this point I’m just waiting to see what the new plastic Freehand One looks like. I’m hoping it’s just an A bearing plastic FH1 with a modern recessed response.

8 Likes