What did you get in the mail today? 2021

One helluva great fixie Friday Mailday!

Purpleheart Hildy Bros Currier (from @IrJosh )

Purpleheart Cavemen Go by @vegabomb (also purchased from @IrJosh )

Fixie lot from eBay, clockwise:
Burger Chef (no idea, lol)
NIP Butterfly
Old Yella Imperial
Open 70s Butterfly

They all play great! And only the burger Chef needed a vinegar whip!

25 Likes

if you look at FTY’s PV44, Project Y and Project Ti we’ve incorporated what we’re calling a ‘schwall’. a nod to schmoove grooves, but reducing a significantly larger part of the wall above the response…. this was also to reduce friction as the schmoove grooves were intended, but also to see how much we could reduce that.

8 Likes

Thanks for the clarification, I confess that having been away for more than a year I had lost most of your work, I have seen it now, including the website and I give you my best compliments for it.
I understand what you tell me, the origin of the idea and the purposes of it and actually it can also be a kind of “trademark”.

On the practical act, and returning to the schmooves, what I was detecting is only a factual situation that has remained constant over the course of many years now (that is that of not adopting solutions similar) and this I think may depend on a couple of factors… the practically almost total adoption of bearings with string centering systems (kk, v-cave, groove, central-track, beffcake, etc.) which practically prevents contact with the walls of the wall even if these are very high. … I wrote “almost” because one of the few exceptions (perhaps the only one) that by choice has always remained faithful to flat bearings is OneDrop which, however, it should be noted, has never adopted Schmoove solutions.
The other factor, namely that those grooves help and favor the opening of the noose in suicides I have always found it quite unlikely, for two motives at least, the first is that it has never been tried to understand or study in any way what are the real modifications to which the air flow can be subjected (therefore a sort of fluid dynamics study), the second, more empirical one is that I find it very unlikely that “air games” even if generated by these grooves in an area so narrow and limited they can influence the motion of two sections of string so long and above all they can influence its opening in its section diametrically opposite to them.

4 Likes

TKPR looks to be about 38mm, Heist 40mm, 44 is 47mm, and the M1 and snack are 50mm. The pocket rocket is responsive and the rest are unresponsive so it’s not a good comparison to the others. But it does feel more like the heist as far as weight and size. Both are very heavy for their size but that’s what makes them perform. They have the rock on a string feel especially on the throw.The 44, my next closest in size is super light, and feels completely different. And the M1 and Snack play more like full size yo-yos. Did I leave anything out?

18 Likes

the 138 should fit you nicely in regards to that lineup

6 Likes

This is my first time seeing it. I want one for sure. Are they going to have a fiendish logo? Did you see them on the reunion tour? I got tickets for my birthday and went. It was so cool. I assumed it was just never going to happen.

2 Likes

Just got my bangarang with some glow rims

23 Likes

That’s the way!! I approve of this throw use. Dings happen. Then they don’t matter!!!

5 Likes

I’ve got a question here.
Is that supposed to be two tone??
I once made an all black AntiYo with red hearts that was supposed to be all black. It turned out to be black and a really dark gray almost black. Traded it to a Mate across the pond. Once you see it you can never Un see it. Jmtc

2 Likes

It’s a subtle purple fade and I just happened to choose two more opposing colors in that catch zone photo.

As pictured here with another late 90s FOMO driven purchasing obsession that now my kids have way too many of.

30 Likes

Very nice.

4 Likes

A couple new friends, liked this colorway of the JDS Shutter, and decided to grab a hummingbird. Happy with both.

20 Likes

This is pretty sick. Get that girl into 0a!

9 Likes

Nice find! Thank you

3 Likes

A bit of a roundup of the last few weeks. Thanks @yoyoretro for the Duality.

28 Likes

Expecting same combo in the mail :smiley: They stuck in France for some reason.

5 Likes

This is officially my widest yo-yo in my collection :sweat_smile::grin:

18 Likes

26 Likes

What is the deep red one on the far left?

4 Likes

ZG The Don

3 Likes