What did you get in the mail this week (2013-2018)

Howdy neighbor.

3 Likes

1104 posts were split to a new topic: What did you get in the mail for 2019?

As this is the main central mailday topic for all time, I just went through all the posts in this topic and fixed up images in every single post where I could, along with any minor formatting edits that helped make things more readable for the future.

Some images were not recoverable, sadly, depending where they were linked from. This problem should not recur in the future as this forum software has native image hosting, and automatically downloads / mirrors remote images so they can’t get broken by bad / disappearing remote hosts aka the dreaded “web rot”.

You may be asking yourself, “wow, Jeff, did you really just scroll through ~3200 posts and hand edit them?”

Yes.

Yes I did.

If it’s any consolation I watched this movie The Lobster while I was doing it, which is, like me… completely insane.

Anyways, there are some very cool maildays in the scroll history here, like @mrciurleo who found a 1984 Olympic Tom Kuhn, there’s a Magnum, and gosh all kinds of super cool stuff. Such history! :sunglasses:

If you’d like to browse the full topic, some Pro Tips™:

• Instantly jump to the top of any topic by tapping or clicking on the topic title, there at the top of the page. Look up ↑ ↑

• Use the timeline control on the right → → (it’s at the bottom on mobile) to jump to an arbitrary post number or date; click or tap the top date to go to the ↑ first post in the topic, click or tap the bottom date to go to the … wait for it… ↓ last post in the topic.

• Press ? to see the jump keyboard shortcut, if you’re on a real keyboard device. Hint, it is #.

We also greatly improved our lazy loading (and general loading) of images recently, so there’s never been a beter time to browse images. Get your :framed_picture: on!

p.s. I would like to add that I super hate Photobucket. :face_with_symbols_over_mouth:

25 Likes