What did you get in the mail this week?

Really? I’m guessing for smoother grinds and such??

(ClockMonster) #3384

Originally it was to protect against finger rash and string burn, but I’ve found it helps keep sweat and oils from mucking up the string, and allows me to adjust string position (when wrapped around fingers) more easily due to the slippery nature of the spandex. This creates problems with some tricks though, like Drop In the Bucket, where friction against one’s fingers is necessary to maintain string structure.

(ChrisFrancz) #3385

Interesting as I Am expecting the same one in the mail! The responsive one anyway. Yours is too, right?

Yes, it is.

(ChrisFrancz) #3387

I never used anything from Magicyoyo before and am hesitant about anything not Yoyo Factory but they’ve sponsored some really good players.

Underdog, thanks to VegaBomb.

Niiiice. Is it copper plated?

Yes it is!

(Francisco) #3391

My first OD throw

Moonwalker!

I love One Drops as well, so beautiful to look at and to hold.

(ClockMonster) #3394

One Drop MarkMont Classic and TopYo Dominator:

(ClockMonster) #3395

Purple VTWO (aw yissssss)!

DoorKnob
Sk8r
new Starfire
Parlay
Obsidian 54

It’s been an expensive week, also bought a “Thing” waiting on that to arrive from India.

How’s that dominator? I like the gray/bronze colorway but it’s on the outer limits of width for me

(ClockMonster) #3398

It plays very nicely. It is on the outer limits of width for me as well. I wouldn’t say it stands out remarkably amongst all my bimetals, but it is definitely good enough to go into fairly regular rotation.

(ClockMonster) #3399

This week’s haul:

• Hummingbird
  • Banshee 2018
  • Deep State
  • VTWO
  • Format:C

(Mash Mastar) #3400

I like that Hummingbird. How does it play because it looks like the funniest in the bunch!

(ChrisFrancz) #3401

Any money left over for food?

(ClockMonster) #3402

I love how light and nimble it is, and yet so very stable. It has what I call a “soft bind” response, in contrast to One Drop yoyos which have a “tight bind” response, and so switching between them takes some getting used to. This Hummingbird will most likely be my “travel bimetal” (while my gold VTWO will probably go with it as my “travel monometal”).