What did you get in the mail this week (2013-2018)

The USPS here in LA plays games with delivery status all the time. They routinely deliver a day or two later than scheduled, they will sometimes mark a package as delivered even though it hasn’t been (and then actually deliver it a day or two later), and once they even marked the status as “Held at customer’s request,” which was complete fiction (I requested no such thing).

All of this is a product of the fact that the USPS is woefully under-staffed, and it is a rare day that mail carriers will actually have enough time, even with a double or triple shift, to deliver everything that is scheduled for delivery on any given day. However, due to contractual obligations with certain companies (like Amazon), they must deliver “on time” or pay penalties, and so they lie about the status on a fairly regular basis to avoid them.

Clearly the current shipping rates charged to consumers isn’t nearly enough, and this situation is likely to only going to get worse.

6 Likes

20181206_184611
Got ALL this from @codinghorror :rofl: ! Thanks! Super exicited! (although I haven’t the faintest idea what yoyo and strings are these :joy:)

8 Likes

20181206_191051
Also got this from @Nocompromise :sparkles:! I knew it was mint but didn’t expect it mint in box w/ accessories! Great packaging and shipping 100% will buy again!

11 Likes

That is NICE looking!!!

4 Likes

The yoyo at least looks like a Ting. Either a V-Ting or a first-run H-Ting.

5 Likes

Close! It’s an O-ting :wink:

4 Likes

Aah! It’s so hard to tell the shape from that angle. O-Ting is great, though!

5 Likes

Got my Monkeyfinger Conspiracy in the mail today!

And yes, I can somehow get my finger into that knot :stuck_out_tongue:

9 Likes

Blue with brass ring Elite showed up after all-2 days from when it claimed ‘delivered’. When the tracking shows it delivered you have nothing to stand on if you go to the P.O.

Plays excellent.

5 Likes

Got one of my grails today. A galactic goose image

19 Likes

These issues are national, it happens everywhere. But the USPS is plagued by a “it’s not my job” mentality as well as other issues. The understaffing issues are a problem, but there is a much deeper and longer-running ineffectiveness in management

4 Likes

The USPS is usually fine any other time of year. I think they just get so swamped around the holidays that it’s a madhouse inside those facilities. I don’t think we understand just how much mail our USPS pushes in a single day.

6 Likes

They’ve been playing delivery status games and delivering late for quite some time here in LA. It’s not just a holiday phenomenon. However, I do expect it to get much worse during the rest of this month.

3 Likes

Speak to me goose!

4 Likes

It will, but I have family and friends who work there, so I get a bit more insight

4 Likes

@AngryGumball ! You are still around! I haven’t seen you post in forever! Great to see you again!

6 Likes

Yea just haven’t been active anywhere lately and the rut did not help, neither does the decline of social media and their lousy algorithms (where I’d share my tricks) but that’s another long rant for another time :slight_smile: This responsive/fixed axle style is starting to grow on me and can’t put it down.

7 Likes

IMG_20181130_190134_455

10 Likes

Now that, is a solid budget metal. Nice catch!

6 Likes

It very much so is I got the selene as well a 7000 series alluminum throw for $30-$35 can’t beat it

5 Likes