What did you get in the mail this week (2013-2018)

You and I seem to like the same yoyos! I also got a Higby Proyo and a purple Currier recently. The Currier is freakin’ awesome.

I picked my Purpleheart Currier last night after over a week. Felt like home. :slight_smile:

how are jake’s strings?
also, what are luckey strings :s

I got some strings, had to replenish my Dragons. And No Jives, several No Jives ;D

Painted peak

Just got this beauty today! FG Bear Vs Man Round 2! Loving it so far!

10th anniversary Diamond Special No-Jive and a NIB 1990s Superyo Renegade.

YYC Spectrum SE and a Square wheels Rockefellar

1 Like

It would be fair to say that I had a pretty great mail day today ;D

Got the first yoyo to get added to my wishlist that I titled “want but will never have” (I was really skeptical of the price tags when I first started, $40 was way over priced for me back then)

ANYWAY, that yoyo is a CLYW Gnarwhal 2 in jack rabbit

Then we have my late Christmas present from my girlfriend, the MonkeyfingeR Caesar in silverback tiger. Next, since my mom was a Classics major who had the highest GPA in the classics department when she graduated from Baylor University, then went on to teach Latin, you could say Greco-Roman culture was a big part of my childhood, so how could I pass on the One Drop Code 2 Argonaut?
I’m pretty new to yoyos and string is something I have no preferences in yet, so I bought small packs of some of the popular strings: some CLYW orange hybrid slackline, Epic Strings Whippy, G-strings Solo, Twisted Strings Trixta and A1, and some YYSL Venom. Also got some samples of Zeekio strings with the Caesar.
In the accessories dept, we have the… I already forgot the actual product name, but that modular cube shelf you see in the back (really cool, CLYW boxes fit in there like a glove) free side effects for buying the Argonaut, the MonkeyfingeR top 3 for taking my throws on campus with me, MonkeyfingeR buff, monkey snot and Gorrillicus Lubricus for maintenance.

Got 9 packs of cards and not a single prize :’( but I actually don’t care, I like collecting the cards anyway, I just wish I didn’t have so many repeats in the packs I got, lol

another triton and an ala mode are heading to me…

You can never have enough string!

I like your style! The monkey snot is so awesome! I have all 3 of those throws, just different colors, and you definitely picked awesome throws. I really like the reason you went with the Code 2 Argonaut edition, made me laugh. Nice package for sure.

Yeah, I was out today and didn’t really get to throw them much, but I just threw all three for the first time, and my “quick test” became an hour of amazement. They all just feel like something special, I’m sure you guys know what I mean, but coming from mid ends to competition yoyos is just the most fun I’ve had since I started.

Also, as far as stock strings go, I’m really loving the string MonkeyfingeR ships on the Caesar, I thought it would be too fat since my current favorite is YYE slick 6, but it handles the yoyo really well. I might have to buy some fatter strings to try.

Thanks for the props guys :stuck_out_tongue:

Some of you have made some great purchases. All I received as of late is a Profly.

I got
5 packs of toxic dragons,
1 pack of twisted stringz project x,
2 packs of fat kitty strings
Unknown descender
1 centering nearing
1 c3yyd mo-vitation
2 c3 standard response pads

:slight_smile:

Luckey strings are from KYS as well. It’s their budget bulk string. It’s really good, actually! However, be advised that it’s on the thin side. About the same as Kitty slim. That’s exactly what I wanted, so they’re great!

The Jake Elliott strings are fantastic. They’re on the thicker side, but kinda light and fluffy, not dense and ropey. They have some reasonable “bounce” when fresh that I really like. Despite being thick, I don’t generally find them snaggy. I wouldn’t put them into a totally narrow-gapped yoyo but they bind pretty much the same as regular thickness strings.

I got some goodies!

Also got some more Fat Kitty. :slight_smile:

Wut. You tracked down a Walter and a Viszilla at the same time? And what’s up with that Bape.2… Is it custom anno with that green ring in the cup? Regardless, I’m jelly of the Walter and Vizilla, nice haul.

It is modded with glow in the dark resin. :slight_smile: also got a MIB project, Werrd 88, the viz was so new it had never had pads!

Well shoot. I need to find the kind of hookups you have. Been trying to track down a Viz since I started back up about 9 months ago. Been close on a couple but haven’t sealed a deal yet.