What did you get in the mail this week (2013-2018)

Here’s a comparison picture with a Yeti, to demonstrate how small it is.

2 Likes

That yo-yo does not look much like a prototype. It looks much more like a yo-yo that is in full production. … They even have a sticker for it.

From the picture, I would assume its arrival is imminent?

1 Like

What is this? Looks like a campfire sized chief. Very cool.

1 Like

Looks like a KC Dert

2 Likes

That rim is filled with tungsten I believe, it’s not shaped like a chief at all.
Such a cool Yoyo

1 Like

Very cool. I see the different color metal now.

1 Like

Yes, that is a KC Dert, I’ve been looking for ages! That one has titanium rims, it’s the baby dert and eli dert that have tungsten rings. I don’t think I took any pictures of the baby dert, but here are comparison pictures of the other two. They’re each about 40-41 mm in diameter.

3 Likes

^It looks awesome. Kind of a shame that nothing like that is really being made anymore, especially with how few of those there were to begin with.

1 Like

I feel the same way. I believe the last yoyo Russ made was the KC in 2010. I’ve spoken to him a few times but it seems he’s far removed from the yoyo scene, on a manufacturing level at least. Hopefully he has another kid ;D

1 Like

Snow cone manatee!!

1 Like

Yep. And it goes beyond the Derts, there are just a ton of now undersized classic organic yo-yos from the early years of the unresponsive era, that came and went during my hiatus from yo-yoing, that make me wish I had a time machine just to experience some of the great ones in their prime. It’s obvious by your post that it’s still possible to find some rare classics, but so many are near impossible to track down. Even stuff with bigger runs like the Sovereign are tricky to find at times.

If I had enough capital and the right connections, I’d try to design something that would be reminiscent of that era and get it produced, but that’s just a pipe dream currently.

It’s funny that you mention that. I’ve always known that if I were to ever make a yoyo, it’d be an unresponsive organic. It too is just a dream.

The mid-2000 organic era is probably my favorite. I came around after it all, but I feel nothing beats the feel of an organic.

Well, if I ever win the lottery, you’ve got a job as a designer, haha. Couldn’t say it better myself.

Sounds like a plan, lol!

Nice one, man. I got a Snow Cone coming my way as well. Gotta love those sea cows.

Got my Snowcone manatee today. Now if I can just find a Snowcone blizzard to complete my set.

Like this one:) it’s a fools gold without engravings. Fools gold only for a couple small ano flaws, it is as smooth as glass. Picked it up at worlds this year.

I love it when a great company sends me samples. I’m going to do diagonal palm shift all night long.

1 Like

-_- still waiting for my superstar and 100 strings… Running out of strings-6 left:(