What did you get in the mail, 2024?

You’re welcome and I’m happy you are liking it. I’m doing the same on playing with it a lot. Kinda surprised me how much I like it. How was the event?

1 Like

Spingadget from Spingear!

21 Likes

It was so much fun. I got to hang out with @Shwa and @Sleeper80, as well as a bunch of other really cool people, and the lineup was absolutely stacked. I’m still feeling the inspiration today. :yo-yo::zap:

3 Likes

You are very welcome! Always happy to show kindness in this community! :smiling_face: Hope you and Charlie enjoy the throws!

16 Likes

This is why this community is amazing

5 Likes

Had this waiting for me when I got home from work today. Love it!

15 Likes

Axolotls and Classics. :sunglasses:

17 Likes

Got my mrm week 2 prize!!!
And wow I love it!

It was my first rain city skills unboxing, and hopefully not my last
This’ll definitely be my new out and about/pocket yoyo, it’s hard to land tricks on but it’s fun and I really like it!!
Thank you so much @YoYoBoomerClub and everyone else that helped!!!

43 Likes

These are my favorite cause the sponsor boxes and sends it themselves we don’t even know what it’ll look like just the general contents. Super cool.

4 Likes

Beautiful :ok_hand:

3 Likes

My Metal Spin Gadget arrived and I really love the shape and play.

However, I’m not too impressed with the Side Effects.

To me, these look like they’ve had pliers used on them.

I think I’ll get in touch with the sellers. Anyone else had issues with theirs?

25 Likes

I guess that’s from the modification process you paid extra for :confused:

5 Likes

It almost looks like the were designed to be installed with a spanner wrench and it got used wrong…a couple of times. Regardless of the cause, it doesn’t look great. If it is, however, a result of modifying a pre manufactured product…I view this as just a possible side effect…:rofl::rofl: of the process.

3 Likes

It’s almost like they tried to tell you before you bought them……lol

22 Likes

Yeah I can see that they had the raw aluminum showing through the hole but I just didn’t expect it to all be scratched so much on the rim of the SE.

I must admit, I didn’t notice the little notches taken out of it on the product image.

Must do better to read the not so fine print, lol!

5 Likes

To their defense they emphasized “DO NOT select this option” lol

8 Likes

When a seller tells me not to buy something it makes me buy it faster

10 Likes

The cuts on the SE actually dig into the yoyo half.

Bit of a bummer.

9 Likes

That looks like some real shoddy fixturing they did, like they gripped it with vise grips or something… did they do it by hand? I thought at first maybe they clamp them in a vice to drill and tap, but even that seems not the case, looks chewed up, when you could simply clamp in a lathe chuck or even a collet system and hold center all day with no marring.

One-Drop definitely did not do the modifications, I’ll say that much.

6 Likes

New memory unlocked - Lego pieces with the bite marks.

4 Likes