What did you get in the mail, 2024?

**5pk SOLUTIONS String - Quicksilver Elixir

5pk SOLUTIONS String - Rapid Elixir

Beautiful strings and the colors are much better in real life. Here is the Quicksilver on my mobile gamer. In person it appears solid silver, not bluish. I really like.

21 Likes

Yep. Same here, seems almost a shame to actually use them.

1 Like

OD Kamuraiju from the yoyo day sales. Slapped a G2 Rage bearing in it. Also got a CLYW Ditch.

31 Likes

GWAY Esper

30 Likes

Pretty!

2 Likes

Smoothies & Skyline iii.

22 Likes

Picked up three of my own tees :smiley:

15 Likes

I canā€™t get over how good that pink is. I feel like your pictures show it better than the site did.

3 Likes

Wow! Very creative throws!

3 Likes

Yeah so much cool stuff.

I also just read that Ed mentored John Myrshall of Cajun spinner fame. I need to find one of their yeaux yeauxs.

3 Likes

He was selling a bunch on the ā€˜bay a couple months back.

Edit: still is.

4 Likes

eBay scares me. Thatā€™s the only reason I havenā€™t gotten one yet lol. I keep hoping someone will bst one but it hasnā€™t happened yet.

Good lookinā€™ out though! Thanks Keith!

4 Likes

This is fair in general but IMHO you have some trust in the seller (as I believe heā€™s a fairly trusted member of the yoyo community) and payment would likely be via PayPal which if you BST is a platform you already use, so in this case eBay is just the storefront of the transaction which would otherwise be functionally pretty much equivalent to buying on the BST.

Apologies for the enablement :grin:

5 Likes

Itā€™s funny Iā€™ll use that bay place for old antiquated IT parts without a second thought but a yoyo I think twice and really look at the rep of the person.

5 Likes

Iā€™ve probably placed around 30 yoyo orders there and only had one bad experience. A seller listed several different vintage throws, all relatively cheap and individually listed, so I picked up about 7 of them. They were only $2-$5 a piece, but he wouldnā€™t combine them all for shipping, so I would have paid around $60 in shipping alone. He didnā€™t make a big deal out of it, and the items eventually dropped out of my cart.

3 Likes

Same! And this is despite my dadā€™s ordeal with ordering a Toshiba PDA back in the wee ol days of unregulated eBay. It showed up, sopping wet. We had no recourse but to eat the cost. But now Iā€™ll drop a hundo or two on a server or processor on an impulse.

But toys? Iā€™ll definitely pause. Tbf tho, throw prices on eBay seem to be inflated to all heck. Unless youā€™re hunting for deals

5 Likes

I havenā€™t bought any tech from the 'Bay in at least 15 years, but I need to rebuild my Plex Server. I may have to browse the 'Bay for something other than throws nowā€¦

High recommend. Iā€™m actually using a disk array that I snagged for a S T E A L that Iā€™m actively using for my plex server via a nas. My only complaints (both of which I knew) is that itā€™s the loudest equipment I have because of fans and itā€™s hot af. Itā€™s the space heater to which AMD processors aspire.

But def recommend. My homelab/server is 3/5ths sourced from eBay (from HDDs to whole computers). It would be more if I didnā€™t need the non-ebay stuff sooner

2 Likes

Just got a nice little gem in the mail today. :slight_smile:

I remember there being rumors that the gems played better than the regular PSGs. I donā€™t know about that, but they are quite purdy.

24 Likes

I love the enablement! Youā€™ve convinced me. As soon as I can, Iā€™m gonna. Lol

2 Likes