What did you get in the mail, 2023

Also Monkey Finger Design - they were random trickledrop (aka random restock on their site) leftover from the halloween drop - that model is the ape abductors - which those and the executive apes are my fav but really can’t go wrong with MFD begleri imo.

5 Likes

Picked up another Legendary Terrarian. I already have one in the Crimson colorway, but wanting one in the In Game Green colorway.

31 Likes

Epic mailday

Lego Bonsai

Needles/cartridges/headshells for the turntables

28 Likes

I’ve wanted that.
Finally plants I can’t kill!!!

5 Likes

Do it, youll be pleased. Had my eye on it a while. The most unique and fun build ive done in a long time.

4 Likes

Got the Luftverk plastic fulvia today. It is exceptionally smooth for plastic and has plenty of spin. Another score for the “hype” train. You guys talked me into it. But I’m not sad about it.

And the Butterfly I had to wait until Christmas to play with because also got them for my family, but I really like this butterfly. It has very little spin but it’s great for regens and stalls.
@bjardin what kind of string was on the psychedelic butterflies?
Feels nice.

27 Likes

All the frogs! This set looks so cool.

Ortofon is a prime choice as well. I picked up their Concorde Club recently and have been digging it.

Let’s see them decks!

4 Likes

Been working with these a long time.

Gemini XL-500 :gemini: (turntables)
Behringer DJX750 (mixer)

Getting ready to replace the mixer in the upcoming months.
Technics 1200’s are on the “long-game” list

First set of Ortofons ive ordered. If theyre good enough for DJ Q.Bert im sure they slay. Just got them assembled, a little time for a soundcheck before i head to work.

20 Likes

Ha Ha nice did not hear Q.Berts name in ages :slight_smile:. Are you going for 1200 or 1210s?

3 Likes

Just got one for my wife who complains that she can’t keep any plants alive.

1 Like

Wow!
New gear is way better than the old.
Output is so much louder that I had to zero out the gain on the channels.
Increased sensitivity on the high/mid/low gain nobs as well.

Hadn’t looked into these yet.

1 Like

1210s where always our go tos for our events. But I am also out the loop. I am sure there is newer bigger better brighter :grin:

2 Likes

Been a decade plus since i last looked at new gear, im way outside the loop.

Gonna be an exciting year.

4 Likes

Yeah same as me lol… But great hobby enjoying music and party is the best.
:heart: :peace_symbol: :dancer: :man_dancing:

1 Like

First RSO

35 Likes

Traded for this Turning Point Kiwi. 76g monometal, does not play sluggish at all. Heavy yoyos are the future! :slight_smile: :+1:

24 Likes

Man the hype on this board for the Fulvia is making me sort of want one, lol. I have the SKYVA and hardly play it; is this one really on another level beyond the hype?

3 Likes

MoNo came in today. I’m a bit conflicted on this one. I expected a bit of vibe with this thing but it’s straight up old school Bapezilla vibe haha. I understand it was inspired by mid 2000s yos so perhaps it was somewhat intentional. The more I play with it the more it’s growing on me, regardless. This feels like a new yo-yo from 2007, definitely unique. Shape, size, weight, and finish are killer.

33 Likes

I got a Yomega Maverick today and it’s actually low-key good :eyes: (w/ new bearing)

19 Likes

Affinity by Unity Yoyos

A very happy throw from @Grantw1019

25 Likes