What did you get in the mail, 2023

Yeah, I sent them an email through the contact page before I posted here, hopefully that’s enough to get this sorted!

4 Likes

Is the ministar2 worth the 100 bucks though ? Some of us aren’t as lucky to be in CONUS to pick up from the BST.

1 Like

Got these in the mail a week or so ago. Fallen Angel and Ditch.

Nice and small pocket yoyo’s. :+1:

Thanks @bodahrevy for hooking me up with these fun throws! :grin:

21 Likes

I can’t address the part about being worth $100, as it’s a subjective and relative amount. For some, that’s nothing and for others it’s a ton of money. But I will say that it’s an utterly fantastic mini yoyo. Seriously, it plays much closer to a full-sized yoyo than any other mini I’ve thrown. I don’t know if it’s due to the weight distribution or the fact that it’s a bimetal, but it performs really well and doesn’t have that ‘rock on a string’ feel that a lot of minis have. And did I mention that it’s good for finger spins and grinds?!? Despite not having a dimple, your finger fits perfectly in the cup around the axle part so DNAs aren’t too difficult.

But I hear you on the price point. I certainly don’t regret buying mine, but if the were cheaper I’d definitely get another one. It’s a tough decision! But if you like smaller yoyos that will fit in any pocket no matter how small, this is a really stable performer.

3 Likes

buttErFly :grin:

My man, Efren does amazing work. I don’t know if he is planning on making more, but if you ever get the opportunity to pick one up, don’t hesitate. This is so fun.

24 Likes

I have trouble spending $100 on anything, especially if I had to add international shipping. For the moment there are B grade Snacks for sale under $20 so having now tried both I’d have to say that even at full price the Snack offers more bang for the buck than the Ministar 2. Had it not been for the deal on the BST I never would have known and I would have always wondered. There is not a tremendous difference in performance between the Snack and the Ministar. Both perform incredibly well. The Ministar does have a slightly nicer feel all around and that’s the main difference. But it’s not night and day.

3 Likes

Didn’t get this in the mail, but I picked it up last night from the grocery store. Had my eye on it for a month, they were down to just a few Imperials, so they let me grab the box (yes I realize they put the hangers through the top box upside-down =))

31 Likes

Yo thats fire :ok_hand:t3::ok_hand:t3:

3 Likes

I’ll say the ministar2 had a bit more spin time but not enough to justify the cost. I got mine when there was a sale so I think it was closer to 70 but it was still allot for the yoyo.

3 Likes

Glad you’re enjoying it, bud! Right on :call_me_hand:

2 Likes

Kim 23!

27 Likes

Anyone know the diameter of the Kim23? Looks about the same as the miracle maybe?

2 Likes

First layer

All the carded stuff I could find off hand, getting full!

37 Likes

Yea its about 56mm. And it plays very similar to the Miracle.

3 Likes

Kim is smaller by a very, very little bit. Width appears the same :grin:

3 Likes

Love it :heart_eyes_cat:

1 Like

How does the miracle play?

Considering getting one

2 Likes

Unknown Hummingbird acquired! Big thanks to @nappyrat :black_heart:

29 Likes

Picked up a hummerbird as well :grin: still hunting an Unknown though. Picked up this lot and YYE case for $120, hard to past up a good deal on minty throws.
Tiffany mint green(I think?) Hummingbird, 2016 black Superstar, mint berry Good Life Breeze, two clear Hybrid Fulvia B-grades but not sure why, there’s no nail vibe. :person_shrugging:t2:

28 Likes

Finally got to visit home and crack this open

23 Likes