What did you get in the mail, 2023

Brass reacts with finger oils and gets smelly so the plastic might help with that. Brass is also soft and prone to dings

3 Likes

Agree with that and I’m thinking now that I kinda recall Ben talking about that. The brass on my ZGRT Don stinks to high heaven :grin:

3 Likes

25 Likes

Sent an email and sounds like he is truly trying to get things out as quick as he can.

Forgot this was coming it’s super cool

23 Likes

From usa to uk in an envleope. From yoyo factory. Would of thought it would be put in a box but nope.

19 Likes

Ok, now i worry about mine. What are they thinking of?

1 Like

Ironically after discussing what the plastic is for on the Mir23 I noticed yesterday YYF made a post with all 4 miracle prototypes in a photo on Instagram and in the description it said:
“The polycarbonate ring actually gives the full sized yo-yo a slightly undersized weight distribution resulting in something very unique, and in the right hands, very capable of performance at the highest level.”

It’s weird they never came out and said that til now about the miracle. I’m still kinda confused about it all.

2 Likes

Was this from the A-May-Zing sale? My order was sent like that with no box just wrapped in paper lol

2 Likes

Nope this came out 2 weeks ago its part of the champions collection chose the usps option. Everytime i had stuff come with fed ex it was boxed up

2 Likes

Every order I get from them is packaged like this, regardless if normal postal or FedEx. I also believe it’s not the best, thankfully the yoyo itself hasn’t been damaged.

3 Likes

Yeah I’ve only ever had my yo-yos from yyf delivered in a pouch even mystery boxes don’t get a box. The yo-yos usually arrive alright.

2 Likes

Same here. It hasn’t been an issue for me, probably because there’s not much opportunity for trouble when shipping from Arizona to Texas, but I’d be really nervous if I had a nice new yo-yo shipping internationally like that.

Edit: Case in point, a couple of shipments that just arrived from Guangdong province (the throws are fine):

7 Likes

Had a Berry nice mail day

Berry Smoothie Respawn Lite

28 Likes

Got this legit Hydrangea Haworthia today! Plays like a slightly heavier TP2 and I love it. Originally got an Absinthe thinking it would be an upgrade for the TP2 but it kind of changed the play to feel more agile. Sounds kind of strange but the Haworthoria is the opposite and I love it.

22 Likes

The YoyoFriends AoE (Area of Effect) is out of this world for a budget plastic throw. The clear one looks like the yoyo is made of glass, and you get some really neat visual effects because you can look through the yoyo and see the string on the inside. The fingerspin dimple is pretty deep and very smooth, and it’s not an insert or made out of another material. It’s like they just drilled out and polished the center for the dimple, and your finger always seems to lock in really easily and stay there due to the depth. I’m not usually a fan of plastic yoyos, but all my concerns go out the window with these. They look fantastic, they’re super smooth and don’t have any rough edges, and they feel like they’re slightly smaller and lighter than the specs would imply. My only regret is that I didn’t get one of the blue ones too!

23 Likes

My box was also trashed! I also didn’t receive my black Northstar!

23 Likes

Sweet pic :heart_eyes_cat:

2 Likes

Since @yyfBen2 had his account deleted you might have to put that claim into @YOHANS court. Bummer being that its suppose to be a premium package when going for the gold.

3 Likes

Last time something like that happened I use the contact page on the yyf site and they made it right. It happens

2 Likes