What did you get in the mail, 2023

It’s my birthday on Thursday, and I like fire……

10 Likes

I know you like nice yoyos and guitars. :grin:

What’s that one? :guitar:

Martin? Dreadnought, spruce top, ebony fretboard? (I might be way off :joy:)

4 Likes

Great to hear that your package has arrived safely! Sorry to hear about your lost package but in a mean time enjoy your new string sets for your favorite throws. :smiling_face::sparkles:

4 Likes

You’re very close, it’s a Martin 00-18V with 14 fret and soft v neck. Spruce top, mahogany body and ebony board. Sadly don’t play it much, trying to change that :grin:

2 Likes

32 Likes

2 maildays from the last week (or two?)

Mk1 Path (this is so good, go get you one!)

And a little something from Mr. Bowie, thank you!
G2 Afterlife (in my favorite color!)
GeneralYo Torrent2

26 Likes

Is he finally shipping? I’ve been anxiously awaiting mine. I have a regular Recitfier already. And it’s one of my favorite throws.

Haven’t seen any shipping notices yet.

2 Likes

Mine arrived in the mail like a week ago but the shipping email only came yesterday

3 Likes

Last update on IG he said he should have shipping caught up by end of the week. Finally got a shipping update from his site last night but nothing from usps yet so we will see. Excited to get mine as well.

1 Like

Considering in international…i suspect I’ll be last in line. But happy to have some progress in this thing.

3 Likes

Mine just kind of showed up out of the blue, I never got a tracking number.

2 Likes

Same here. I was able to get real time tracking through USPS, even though the store email was delayed.

2 Likes

19 Likes

I didn’t receive a shipping notice until a week or so after the Rectifier arrived. Very nice quality. Well worth the wait.
Jeff

2 Likes

After a long journey and +3 months

Looks like a ceramic piece.

22 Likes

Being a fan of the YYF Miracle these were a no brainer for me. YYF Kim 23, like a smaller Miracle. Can feel the weight on the rims and an initial heavy feel that disappears when playing unlike the Miracle. The Miracle for me doesn’t have that rim heavy feel at all, very neutral. So far I’m liking them a lot. The red rims looks a bit orange being transparent. The red body one appears a bit pink. On their site you can see what appears to be a steel band through the clear plastic of the splash one. Crazy hobby for someone with my personality, I want to try everything and do everything that looks fun.

24 Likes

Does the plastic add anything to how it plays, e.g. less likely to loose spin due to hand contact?

3 Likes

I couldn’t really tell about performance but my thinking is it may be a way to disperse weight at the rims. Sorta like using titanium rims do, which I enjoy the feel of. This one has a more typical feel compared to the Miracle. My hand did touch the plastic for a second during play and I immediately thought it slowed rather quickly. Need more time :grin:

2 Likes

Thanks for your thoughts. I’m trying to convince myself that the plastic is there for a functional reason, because I have to admit it looks kind of cool.

Maybe relevant: The C3 Trion Crash uses plastic on the outside of the rim to maintain the same overall “crash” shape after moving the weight ring to the inside of the rim.

3 Likes

Interesting, never thought of that. Always wanted one of those :grin:

2 Likes