What did you get in the mail, 2023

Recent 2A Maildays

2x Hornets, 2x Loops Ups, Loop 720, Sunrise, 2x Initiators, 2x Raider EXs, 2x Blitz Balls, 2x LPs and 2x Vortexs

19 Likes

Those Vortexes look awesome. They’re the same body as Sochi Loop Spinners and Blitz Balls, right?

2 Likes

Now that’s a 2A tuesday mail day. I love it.

3 Likes

Don’t have the Sochi to compare with…yet.
But the Vortex and BlitzBall are not the same bodies.
The vortex body is 0.6mm wider, 0.2mm smaller in diameter and 0.6g heavier than the blitz ball.
(measured half with just the nut and no spacer)
The blitzball spacer sits further out in the vortex by like 1.5mm
BlitzBall on the left and Vortex on the right (respective spacers too)

11 Likes

Vortexes are old out of production loopers from a long dead company. They’re unrelated to any of Yi Chenghao’s designs.

Wait apparently Spingear revived the Vortex earlier this year??? This is news to me, but cool I guess. Yoyojoker revival arc is here.

3 Likes

Never seen vortex so now I’m curious.

1 Like

First Buck 110 for me. Really nice blade for not a lot of money. Benchmade worth every penny, you’d think it was made out of gold. Also finally got a dangler for my 162!

all products made in the U.S.A.

19 Likes

I miss my 110 dearly. I messed it up and never fixed it and lost it in the move along with my leatherman OHT and Free. I don’t replace them because I work somewhere I can’t carry knives so I thinned out the collection and went for yo-yos. Now here we are.

2 Likes

Here’s a official description from SG translated from japanese

■ About the 2023 edition

It can be said that Vortex triggered the competition to develop 2A models from each brand, but most of them have a rounded shape, and the control edge is solid like Vortex, and the model that does not need adjustment is on the market. disappeared from Even when the dead stock was on sale, there were requests for continued sales, and the molds were preserved in a usable state, so we were looking for a way to continue selling them.

Also, at the time, it was not announced where it was manufactured, just because it was made in Japan. We would like to continue to sell yo-yos as yo-yos in Hachioji City. This time, we have received permission from YoYo Joker to sell Spin Gear, and we have resumed sales.

■ About this pre-release version
Both the body and cap will be newly manufactured (December 2022), and will be sold in the form of incorporating the spacers in stock at that time. Due to the limited number of spacers, pre-release quantities are limited. Regarding usability, it has been confirmed that there are no problems with sales under the supervision of Mr. Shimada.

■ About future releases

Currently, spacers are manufactured at the same factory in Hachioji city as before. We are also supervising the logo design, and it will be officially sold as soon as the parts are ready. It is expected that it will continue to be available after that. We will create an environment where competitors and performers can stably obtain models that they can use with peace of mind. We also accept inquiries for original logo versions (both photos and logos in full color) for shops and performers.

4 Likes

Very happy with the Klondike.
Feels and plays awesome.

33 Likes

Prescription “frog in blender” thank you to addiction77 Adrian

These are my prescriptions I have now.

I when the original drop happened in 2016. I wanted a Hemoglobin and the Frog in Blender color way. I was too slow and missed. I was able to get a broken heart that I passed into a young thrower a few years ago, and the blue lagoon nebula in the picture. I finally have the ones I wanted so long ago so well cared for thank you all who had a hand in these gets.

I believe I have another around some where Found it it is also a recent get.

Petri dish

This one has a bit more handling ware.
Everyone have a great rest of the week

33 Likes

I got a prescription back in 2017, and I did not like it at the time so I got rid of it. That turns out to be a throw I wish I never gotten rid of…I feel like I would love it now if I still had it. One of my favorite looking throws to date

3 Likes

I’ve wanted a Duncan Satellite and a shrieking satellite since I was a little kid and saw pictures of them. And I finally found one of each!

24 Likes

This thing is absurd I’m loving it.

32 Likes

23 Likes

Path! Fun yoyo, reminds me of the DEMA

27 Likes

Now you got to get ‘em all……

1 Like

Again, not yo-yo but I need to shout out my bud @bheinz63 who found out I was getting into kendama and sent me his favourite mod by Terra Kendamas :maple_leaf: for a birthday surprise. :star_struck: Thanks again Brandon, you’re the best!

Terra Max Angel signature mod in all Purple Heart. The clacks are godly! :boom:

Also shout out to Herb the frog. :frog:

21 Likes

I got a Summit and an album. Absolutely wild to think that the Summit (and especially the Summit documentary) are a decade old. It seems like modern yoyo has kinda been a blur. So much has changed since then, but at the same time 2013 still feels so recent.

Glad I’ve finally got one of these in my collection. It feels a little outdated, but almost intentionally so with that high midwall and massively stepped rim. It feels a lot more prone to precession during play than most of the yoyos I use, but it’s so zippy and easy to move around.

37 Likes

Sitting here in the dark after the storms blew through so I figured I’d post what I got in the mail today

Layer Infinity Kasm Dexter

G2 Respawn Shark Week

G2 Respawn Lite

33 Likes