What did you get in the mail, 2023

First RSO

35 Likes

Traded for this Turning Point Kiwi. 76g monometal, does not play sluggish at all. Heavy yoyos are the future! :slight_smile: :+1:

24 Likes

Man the hype on this board for the Fulvia is making me sort of want one, lol. I have the SKYVA and hardly play it; is this one really on another level beyond the hype?

3 Likes

MoNo came in today. I’m a bit conflicted on this one. I expected a bit of vibe with this thing but it’s straight up old school Bapezilla vibe haha. I understand it was inspired by mid 2000s yos so perhaps it was somewhat intentional. The more I play with it the more it’s growing on me, regardless. This feels like a new yo-yo from 2007, definitely unique. Shape, size, weight, and finish are killer.

33 Likes

I got a Yomega Maverick today and it’s actually low-key good :eyes: (w/ new bearing)

19 Likes

Affinity by Unity Yoyos

A very happy throw from @Grantw1019

25 Likes

I have a normal sized version and I can tell you mine doesn’t have Bape vibe. It has nail vibe but nothing like the Bape. You might want to try contacting him about it.

3 Likes

Aaron from Static bought the full run of sizes (I tagged this one onto his order) and said his MoNo vibes significantly more than the other two sizes as well.

Edit: Heard back from Jake Bullock and his is nearly dead smooth, guess me and Aaron got some bunk ones.

2 Likes

for what it’s worth, my MoNo has some nail vibe but it’s really not too noticeable. might be worth swapping bearings?

4 Likes

whats your plan for the mixer? The behringer mixers were surprisingly good for the money, i played on the DDM4000 quite a bit in college lol

2 Likes

Nah this thing is like a little Theragun on a grind, definitely outside of acceptable by today’s standards. I am the last person to complain about vibe, so if it’s bugging me it’s pretty serious haha.

Reached out to AtDesign, we’ll see what they say I suppose.

2 Likes

One of yomega’s best. I also recommend the groov as a good step up too. offers a half spec and full spec c bearing, counterweight, and bearing tool.

5 Likes

I would say for a $30 plastic yo-yo, Yes! It plays as well as most $50-80 metal yo-yos. But if you beat it up I have no idea how well it would play after. Feels a bit “floatier” than something metal and has a nice texture. Definitely a good $30 yo-yo but I wouldn’t say it’s a must have for collectors. More like a must have for beginners in unresponsive. In the hands of a pro level player it’s more than capable of competition level play.

3 Likes

Where’d the beanie come from? :+1:

5 Likes

I got it with my new butterfly and imperial. I love it!!

5 Likes

This is the plan. Even thoughbthisodel has been out a while, it looks pretty killer. And a great price. The Behringer i have now has been with me 12 or more years and done me solid.

At a bang 4 buck ratio, i feel this is gonna be hard to beat.

2 Likes

I gotta get me one of those imperials too! :face_holding_back_tears: so pocket friendly looking
Missed out on the beanies. They’re out of stock. Hopefully they’ll restock them soon.

3 Likes

They sent me one even though the site listed them as out of stock when I ordered. YMMV.

5 Likes

I’ve got a Maverick from 10 years ago that I still toss on occasion. It’s a fun little thing.

4 Likes

Liked the exotac Rod for my 162 so much I got a spare for my neck rig. Very nice.

14 Likes